Graphics
gigabyte HD 6870 OC
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently bought a very cheap emac, updated its ram until 768mb wich some p4 spares and installed Leopard.

It runs fine, and looks good (with some yellowed parts in the case) but I really don't know what to do with it, I mean, it can feed from another itunes library in the wifi and sounds really good with the integrated speakers, but I wanna ask if there is some apps ppc compatible that could give to this emac a aesthetic usage/additional functionalities like nice photo galleries, some small nice apps, etc... or you have another good ideas. (for example, one time I found an interactive camp fire with pixelated look for windows which was relaxing as a bacground and looked very decorative)

I know that I could use it as t*****t server but right now is located at my room, at the emac is noisy for sleeping with it powered on. The other possibilities are the integrated backgrounds as photo galleries/ rss feed but... I want to ask if you have better ideas before transforming it in a cat house or donating it to some school.

Thanks in advance ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Abuelo,

I have a G4 too, not an eMac but a PowerMac FW800. It's on OS9 and it's sole purpose is to run Broderbund's Living Books games for my kids because those games were never updated for OS X. I think the company went out of business. I thought of using it as download machine but it's so noisy and hot and probably uses up a lot of juice.

Thanks for the info, use with obsolete software is a nice utility as you told, but I was introduced into the mac world a few years ago so I don't know compatible apps with ppc computers that could give a really nice usage to this machine.

Did someone know about some app list/ webpage with the ppc 10.5 compatible apps?

Thanks a lot and best regards.

Thanks for the info, use with obsolete software is a nice utility as you told, but I was introduced into the mac world a few years ago so I don't know compatible apps with ppc computers that could give a really nice usage to this machine.

Did someone know about some app list/ webpage with the ppc 10.5 compatible apps?

Thanks a lot and best regards.

Here's one: http://powerpcsoftware.com It's quite good. I don't know of any other.

I'm using TenFourFox which is a Leopard compatible Firefox web browser and is one of latest FF builds. I highly recommend TenFourFox over the dead ended Safari which now can be a security risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back