RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just built my very first Intel Mac all thanks to the guides from this great site. My build:

Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H F11
Intel Core i5-760 2.8 GHz
Corsair XMS3 4 GB Dual Channel DDR3 Core i3, i5, i7 Memory Kit
2 TB SATA HD - partitioned into two 1 TB drives (journaled and FAT)
Sony Optiarc Black SATA DVD burner
Cooler Master Elite 310 case
Antec 550W Continuous Power

It took me a good couple of hours to finally assemble this Custo-Mac and through some trial and several errors I finally got it fired up and running.

I've searched the forums but couldn't find a definitive answer to my question which is...

I know that after the major software update like 10.6.7 Combo update, I needed to run Multibeast and install System Utils. However I wanted to know: Do I need to run Multibeast after every update from iTunes to security update to even 3rd party app updates? o_O

Thanks in advance!

scarberian said:
I just built my very first Intel Mac all thanks to the guides from this great site. My build:

Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H F11
Intel Core i5-760 2.8 GHz
Corsair XMS3 4 GB Dual Channel DDR3 Core i3, i5, i7 Memory Kit
2 TB SATA HD - partitioned into two 1 TB drives (journaled and FAT)
Sony Optiarc Black SATA DVD burner
Cooler Master Elite 310 case
Antec 550W Continuous Power

It took me a good couple of hours to finally assemble this Custo-Mac and through some trial and several errors I finally got it fired up and running.

I've searched the forums but couldn't find a definitive answer to my question which is...

I know that after the major software update like 10.6.7 Combo update, I needed to run Multibeast and install System Utils. However I wanted to know: Do I need to run Multibeast after every update from iTunes to security update to even 3rd party app updates? o_O

Thanks in advance!

no need :)

However, run Repair Disk Permissions before and after every Snow Leopard update and major application installations with either the Disk Utility or the screen discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=135&t=20447&start=0&hilit=permissions

After that, I usually say, "Whew!" and wipe my brow. :headbang:

Just did my first software update, which updated iTunes and several other apps, and applied OS security updates. Now the system won't boot from the hard disk. It only shows the single blinking cursor after POST completes. I tried running Multibeast to reinstall Chimera, rebuild cache - still no joy. Tried easy beast also with no luck.

Any ideas?

Update: I've discovered a pattern with this issue. The problem always happens upon a warm boot, but not with a cold start. I've got the latest Multibeast (3.7.2).

'Tis a mystery to me.... o_O

Hey mrcpuhead, sounds very weird. Did you try installing the bootloader again and repair permissions (not only cache) via multibeast? Maybe that helps...

Stork said:
However, run Repair Disk Permissions before and after every Snow Leopard update and major application installations with either the Disk Utility or the screen discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=135&t=20447&start=0&hilit=permissions

After that, I usually say, "Whew!" and wipe my brow. :headbang:

I am curious about the Repair Disk Permission. Is the Disk Utility not doing the same? Although this is the first time I have had no permissions to repair after running verify permissions. :?:

Hi,
I have installed MacOS X on PC first time.

I have an ASUS N73Series (N73JN or X7BJN) Notebook with IntelChipSet NVidia Geforce GT335M 1GB. 4 GB RAM; 500GB Samsung HDD.

So my question is:
When I installed the OriginalDVD Mac OS X 10.6.3 it runs OK. some Hardware didn't function.
But when I install the Combo Update of 10.6.8 and do MultiBeast with default Options, It stays after reboot on the grey screen with the apple label and turning stripes.
It don't bootup...

did I do something wrong, or is my hardware not compatible. but why do it function on 10.6.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back