Contribute
Register

What to do after a software update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork said:
However, run Repair Disk Permissions before and after every Snow Leopard update and major application installations with either the Disk Utility or the screen discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=135&t=20447&start=0&hilit=permissions

After that, I usually say, "Whew!" and wipe my brow. :headbang:
ditto to stork's comments above. and while you're still in disk utility
do a disk verify - just to check volume integrity, file linkages, hierarchy, etc.
files with permission problems will be flagged.
i also do this before an update and before i make a back-up clone.

Hey everyone, first time poster here. This is the only problem I am having after the update, and it's been a problem that I've been dealing with for three days straight:

The checksum for the file “App Store” is incorrect. The file may not have been extracted properly or may be damaged. Please take caution in using this file.

App store will run but it's stuck in a "loading iTunes loop. I also get error messages re the checksums for "DockTile" and "updatechecker", but the only issue is the app store.

I already tried downloading older versions and using Pacifist, but I get the SAME checksum errors, which is strange. Any guidance would be profoundly appreciated.

chris230291 said:
scarberian said:
THANKS! Will do the recommendations once I get home tonight. I can't believe I have an "Intel Mac Pro" for under $1000. :lol:

you dont. you have a machine that runs OS X. it just doesn't compare to the real thing, i know, i own both a hackintosh and a real mac!
ur right my iMac doesn't compare to my hack pro my hackintosh is way faster and for less money its all based on weather your hardware is compatible if u have a good experience or not

mrcpuhead said:
Update: I've discovered a pattern with this issue. The problem always happens upon a warm boot, but not with a cold start. I've got the latest Multibeast (3.7.2).

'Tis a mystery to me.... o_O
This is an old thread but perhaps this info will be useful to others: The above problem sounds just like what I encountered with my P55A-UD3 setup.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=6529 has the scoop under "important hardware note."

IMPORTANT HARDWARE NOTE: The GA-P55A-UD3 motherboard apparently has a hardware bug in its USB implementation such that resetting the computer using the reset or power buttons doesn't properly reset the USB controller. Thus on the subsequent bootups the USB controller won't initialize and thus one's USB keyboard and mouse won't work! This is a problem, and one that caused me quite a bit of frustration until I realized that powering down completely, removing the power cord for 5-10 seconds before re-plugging it, and then powering the system back up gets the USB chip to work properly. I actually went as far as to buy a PS/2 keyboard before I discovered the above fix, only to find out that this wouldn't ultimately help since OS X doesn't recognize PS/2 hardware, unsurprisingly

Well got my first two kp with the setup described in my sig. The first one was when I tried to shut down, BUT forgot I had Parallels running with Win 7 active. That caused the shutdown to abort as it couldn't shutdown Win 7 until I manually did it. When I booted back in I got a kp right at the Apple logo screen. A reboot seemed to show that everything was working again. The 2nd kp was when I installed the beta iMessage. It asked for a restart and when I did again I got the kp at the Apple logo. I restarted right after that kp and it booted back up just fine. I just ran repair permissions via Disk utility and verify disk and all seems fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back