Contribute
Register

What driver could be used for the nVidia 310M notebook card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K, then the nvidia injection will take care of the rest.

Cool that sleep works :D

Will post an update soon ;)

Ok great. I thought sleep was working but after examining the machine a little closer it is going to sleep, but the machine automatically wakes itself up over and over (which is ok because I can shut the lid without it locking up). When I shut the lid it sleeps for about 3 seconds and then it takes about 30 seconds for it to cycle into sleep again (3 seconds) and repeats. If I manually try to make the machine sleep I believe just the display is sleeping. But it does sleep successfully just not for more that 3-5 seconds, hmmmm! I wonder how I might make it sleep properly. Will have to look around a bit.
Can't wait for the updated DSDT :D Cheers

K, sleep the machine again and after it wakes type in terminal

Code:
sudo dmesg

Copy the last 10 lines or so, should display a message about wake-up, something with USB1 or EHC1.

forch said:
K, sleep the machine again and after it wakes type in terminal

Code:
sudo dmesg

Copy the last 10 lines or so, should display a message about wake-up, something with USB1 or ECH1.

Sweeeeet! Yes Sir, will do ASAP. Sorry I'm getting a little giddy about sleep and injection working. :D

Here it is, a little more than what you asked for but I wanted to make sure you/we had what is needed. Here is the output front to back/beginning to end. Cheers :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Code:
 output audio routing switching at node 21:
Enabling input audio routing switching at node 24:
athr_fusion_enable_wowevents: interface in state: 0 (not run):         0 [Time 1295770691] [Message System Sleep
Wake reason = GLAN EHC1 EHC2
System Wake
VoodooHDADevice[0x4429f000]::resume
Resetting controller...
The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1a000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
VoodooHDADevice[0x4420f000]::resume
Resetting controller...
Enabling output audio routing switching at node 21:
en0: 802.11d country code set to 'US'.
en0: Supported channels 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
athr_fusion_enable_wowevents: interface in state: 0 (not run):         0 [Time 1295770746] [Message System Sleep
System Wake
Resetting controller...
The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1a000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
Resetting controller...
setWOW_PARAMETERS:wowevents = 2(1)
athr_fusion_enable_wowevents: interface in state: 0 (not run):         0 [Time 1295772436] [Message System Sleep
System Wake
Resetting controller...
Resetting controller...
ApplePS2Keyboard: Unknown extended scan code: 0xb6
ApplePS2Keyboard: Unknown extended scan code: 0x36
ApplePS2Keyboard: Unknown extended scan code: 0x2a
ApplePS2Keyboard: Unknown extended scan code: 0xaa
setWOW_PARAMETERS:wowevents = 2(1)
AirPort: Link Up on en0
AirPort: Link Down on en0. Reason 4 (Disassociated due to inactivity).
en0: 802.11d country code set to 'US'.
en0: Supported channels 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
AirPort: Link Up on en0
IOSurface: buffer allocation size is zero

This is the reason
Code:
System Wake

USB devices do not get serialized (wiki) because you don't have a _DSM (Device Specific Method, acpi40a page 366/367) method in your USB sections, new DSDT.aml (edit version 1.8) has been added, also with the .dsl.

The USB devices don't have proper device-id's but we'll get to that later, id's will be set autom. anyway.

Let me know if instant-wake is fixed, and if not, output the dmesg again as before. It might be that GLAN will wake the system.

-- edit
Why does Porcupine Tree rock so hard? :D

Attachments

• DSDT_v18.zip
    40.2 KB · Views: 98
DAAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNN!!!!!!! Nice job sleep works perfect so far :D :D :D :D :D

You didn't mention anything about removing the NVenabler so just curious if the GFX was in here. I'm fixing to look at it via file merge and see so I'm not sure why I'm asking.
I wanted to ask you if I need to change my system definition to a Macbook and if there is any benefit in doing this? And thanks again I'm amazed by your work. You've got it right the first time twice now AMAZING!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice ;) Though the next DSDT will have added S3 and S4 states to the GLAN definition, just telling OSPM that it cannot wake from sleep, you have to look if it has any side effects.

The reason why I haven't put any nvidia injection is because I'm searching for a tool that reads all this info. Graphic-cards are just a whole different world.

If you open de .dsl (version 1.8) you will see at the top in comments which edits I placed where, so you only have to search for start@edit.

Will post a minimal nvidia injection for the 310M soon ;)

To answer your previous question, "Yes", changing SMBios to a Macbook similar to your hardawre changes a lot in OSX, the ID's let OSX recognize what kind of system you are using, this is mainly how OSX operates compared to other OS's like Linux Distro's and Windows's.

I'm using a Macbook 6.1 profile, which is an i5 version. Everything in my profiler says it's an i5, though I'm using an i7.

A friend of mine just got the latest MBP 6.2, which is the i7 2.8 version and so far I only got his ioreg profile but the things I copied from this profile made my system quite faster and more stable, specially the HDMI output to my external screen. Have to copy the rest like ACPI tables and SMBios.

I also cleaned up my DSDT from all the stuff that is not used but strange enough allocates addresses and IRQ's, but is no where to be found in the IO. Made a lot of progress, but still have very little time. I can't really screw this system up so I'm kinda bound to it till I have a few SSD drives to clone the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back