Contribute
Register

What driver could be used for the nVidia 310M notebook card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted you to look at my boot files to see what you think because I don't know how to tamper with these successfully yet. And I'm fixing to post my info from Monixifo, and I will convert it in the mean time I'm just not sure were I should put it/if I need this because my graphics seem to be just fine.

Attachments

• smbios.plist
    468 bytes · Views: 178
  • com.apple.Boot.plist
    476 bytes · Views: 145
I just noticed that the system profiler is reporting two different kinds of RAM, amd was wondering if we could fix this with the DSDT. My correct RAM is the faster one. Strange??But the system is very quick?

Attachments

• MAC OS X.tiff
    34.9 KB · Views: 165
  • memory.tiff
    29.8 KB · Views: 173
Ignore the vales of your RAM, that's something for later.

PM me the complete section of "RAW DATA" displayed by MonInfo below, and make sure you use the realtime option in the upper left select box. Do not attach any secondary displays while using MonInfo, you can mistakenly copy the wrong EDID from some monitor other then your internal display.

Don't know why you call me eGeek, it's just some default name this forum gave me depending how much posts you made .. and I'm not a Geek, I just happen to have studied this crap :D ..

The DSDT is fixed, just wanted to know if anyone else tried to fix it or use any DSDT Patchers to fix errors/warnings etc, most patches from these programs are worthless.

If you like to learn a bit more of the structure of DSDT, I suggest using DSDT Editor (it has an object-tree in the left pane that provides you with an overview), not DSDTSE.
--

K just to summarize, your graphics section in the DSDT is "PCI0->P0P2->NVID", this means the nvidia injection will be put here. We're first going to edit the DSDT to get your graphics card recognized without any enablers.

Just so you know, you have to spent some time rebooting with different DSDT's in order to get this working.

I'll wait for the EDID and then we can move on.. :D

Oh, forgot to ask if you can give me a copy of IORegistryExplorer, File->Save a Copy as and name it something like "big-sexy-io".

Tnx :D

My bad forch. Not sure why I didn't notice that. I thought I posted 2 different version of my DSDT; the first was compiled by DSDT editor without being fixed the second had been fixed by DSDT editor by simply clicking the fix button i.e. (no patches applied manually). I will repost both for surety's sake. And I'm curious about booting with these different DSDT's, please tell me if I'm correct. When booting my different DSDT's my system won't crashed, just a few thing might not function properly (until we fix them and reboot?????? And just to make sure I'm supposed to compile hacks and edits (would like to look around to learn) based on my processor since we have laptops. Will post your requested info in next post I'm in Windows 7 right now. And I PM'ed the MONIINFO to you. :headbang:

I can not post the IOreg files for some reason I will PM the to you here are the DSDT fix via DSDT editor and NON_Fixed, Just wanted to make sure I get confused some times when I'm compiling and looking at all these different things.

Attachments

• BigSexyDSDT_Fixed.dsl
    392.2 KB · Views: 70
  • BigSexyDSDT-Non_Fixed.dsl
    392.2 KB · Views: 74
I don't believer the .ioreg files sent in the PM and they won't post with that extension so I changed it to .txt thinking you could convert it back. Thanks a bunch agin and here they are. I wasn't sure which one you wanted. o_O

Attachments

• Display0_Big_SexyIO.txt
    1.5 MB · Views: 84
  • nVcap_Big_SexyIO.txt
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
hehe, it's ok, when you save a copy from IORegExpl then the whole tree on the left is saved, easier for me to see what all the values are and which kext are loaded. So you can remove one or the other.

I had the DSDT with the 20 errors, DSDT Editor can't fix them, at least not all of them, maybe the warnings and the remarks, but not the errors.

We'll do this in a few steps, I'll post certain DSDT versions and you just have to test and remove stuff from your /Extra folder if necessary.

-- noticed I haven't posted any DSDT here yet ;)

Try to use this one, remove the kext EvOReboot from the /Extra folder, rebuild caches with Kext Utility, use this tool if you're not using it already.

This DSDT is without any nvidia injection.

Let me know how it worked, if the ystem does not boot, use boot param DSDT=no to get into OSX and remove the DSDT.aml from the /Extra folder again.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    13.4 KB · Views: 77
Sweeeeeeet! Can't wait to give it a try. Looking forward to troubleshooting this with you. :thumbup: I wanted to show you something I found in a thread about my laptop series here on the TonyMac forum. It explains how to get brightness working and I was gonna ask you if we should try it. But the boot.plist is not downloading. Just thought it might help us.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4609&start=110 near the Bottom.

There is a fix now for that which really should work for you.
1) You need to add device (PNLF) to your DSDT, so use DSDTSe to insert this just above Device (PWRB):

Code:
Device (PNLF)
        {
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
            Name (_CID, "backlight")
            Name (_UID, 0x0A)
            Name (_STA, 0x0B)
        }

That puts your brightness slider into the sys. pref/Displays area and then add the device-properties string from the attached boot plist (or use the plist as is).
com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

The plist adds the device properties for controlling brightness that are used in the MacBookPro 6,1. Fn+12 and Fn+Break for the controls
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Will post in just a little bit to tell you if the DSDT is working!!!! :D

I know what triggers the brightness, it just depends how the brightness is controlled (EC, etc). I've already read that thread.

Let me know how the DSDT worked out, remember it does not have nvidia injection / brightness fixes.

Daaaaaaaaaaammmnnnnn!!!!! You got it forch, and on the first try.
1. The Restart works now , as apposed to being hung on the blue screen.
2. Sleep is working most of the time , I can now shut my lid and when I open it back up It resumes 7 out of 10 times. But I 'm not sure if it is functioning correctly, I don't know that much about it to be able to tell if it is truly working (the fans are still running???).
EDITED: 1 out of 6 maybe
3. And I can tell my system is running quit a bit better, applications that I used to have to force quit a lot shut down properly now. And programs that were freezing a sometimes don't seem to be freezing anymore.
4.MAJOR IMPROVEMENT IN SYSTEM STABILITY :headbang: :thumbup: :D

I wanted to double check if I am installing it correctly??? By putting it in my E/E folder in AML format. That would be weird if I manifested these results from my confidence in your abilities!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back