Contribute
Register

What Desktop Hardware Do You Want Better Supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RevoDrive support would be really awesome

if you have time to kill: Asus Xonar HDAV support and Avermedia video capture cards support...

thanks for asking

I would like asus motherboards support (If possible of course).

What about support for server class boards that would be closer to a MacPro than an iMac? Dual Xeon procs. Like this:
http://www.tyan.com/product_SKU_spec.as ... =600000039

or this:
http://www.supermicro.com/products/moth ... MI=Y&SAS=N

More consistent graphics support. (I can install my system OK with Multibeast 2.2.0, but not with any other version)

Integrated graphics cards.

More features for Multibeast. (What a great core product you have made)
- Ability to save a configuration profile when multibeast is run for those times when you can't remember what kexts you were using before you briked your system.

-John

Asus Motherboards FTW, Specifically I see hardly any talk about P7P55D Deluxe. I use it with the "Intel core i5-760" same CPU used in the new iMacs.

nVIDIA 5XX series.. Preferably GTX570! :)

Supporting a good range of Asus motherboards would be very nice indeed.

It'd be nice if MultiBeast would advise you about what the many options do, and possibly even tick boxes for you based on what hardware it detects you're using. It can be hard to know what to do with MultiBeast sometimes.

If you're *really* looking for a challenge, how about this: some sort of hypervisor layer that intercepts calls to hardware-specific stuff which would cause incompatibilities with unsupported hardware, and emulates a real Mac in areas where that's necessary. This would be different from full virtualisation as the CPU, graphics, and any other areas where hardware compatibility is not an issue could just be allowed to work as normal. Or at least, the hypervisor could just not modify the instructions to these areas in anyway. (I know that's not a very realistic request but... hey, you asked for a challenge, right!)

how about the added support for sound cards like the sound blaster cards like the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium.

HDCP issues with NVIDIA video cards. such as the 9800GT with HDMI

Zotac H55-ITX A-E is an awesome board. I hope you support it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back