Contribute
Register

Well that surprised me - Or maybe it didn't ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte B760 Gaming X AX
CPU
i5-14600K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I guess I'm late to the party as usual, but did you know Will Shipley, he of Delicious-Monster software, went to work for Apple last year? I remember his UI design partner did the same a long time previously, leaving him pretty much to his own devices.

This probably explains the lack of updates and incredibly slow site servers of late.

His work on Delicious Library had me pretty-well hooked and I've bought each version as it became available. Not too stoked about the latest look and layout, but I don't think it will be redesigned or updated any longer.

A great pity, but it was a class-leader in its day, at the bleeding-edge of what a desktop Mac could do. How long I spent holding my book ISBNs up to the web-cam to have them instantly recognised and added to the database, along with the cover images, is anyone's guess. Magical.

A lot of developers have tried to copy it and generally their code is sluggish, ugly and while it often works, lacks his style.

Ah well. Things change...

Did you know that ex-Apple photographer Mark Laita left and started a series on YouTube called Soft White Underbelly?

Weird... This is what I see when I try to go to delicious-monster.com...

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 5.22.41 PM.png

Weird... This is what I see when I try to go to delicious-monster.com...

View attachment 550053

Hmmm. Yes, this is happening for me now. I checked just yesterday and was getting in but VERY slowly. Like a couple of minutes per page refresh. But I was able to download the "demo" version of Delicious-Library 3 (v3.9.3) with Universal support from there. If you'd like a copy to play with I'll happily upload it. I don't see it's been officially removed from the Mac App Store, so is current and should be okay to share. :thumbup:

I've purchased versions 1.5, 2 & 3 over the years but wanted the Universal version, for obvious reasons.

:)

P.S - Did me just mentioning this software nudge the author into taking the site down? Coincidence or what?!? o_O

Last edited:
Well curiously we are back to: "Welcome to macOS Server" again, so not totally disconnected yet.

I get this mental image of an old Mac mini Server sitting on a desk somewhere, unable to cope! :beachball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back