Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI-F8c
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Hi guys,

I recently had to re-install my entire system from scratch (Clover 5122, Catalina 10.15.7). I guess I messed s.th. up during the installation process. Somehow, I have now 2 times the macOS - Data partition visible in disk utility program (see screenshot). I am uncertain if I can simply delete one and if so, which one is the correct one that can be deleted?
Any help would be appreciated ...

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-08 um 09.23.10.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-08 um 09.23.10.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 49
I ran into the same thing after installing Catalina last night on my DeskMini 100. Given a very limited exposure to Catalina, I'm not real sure if it is 'normal' or not. However, the PCIE NVME drive (with Mojave 14.4) is still showing as a single volume. I suspect this has to do with some OS-specific changes having to do with Catalina.
I'm still just getting setup and testing for 'bugs' &/or certain specific improvements that I hope will be present, so I can't say 4 sure, or with any confidence...
Guys?

Anyways, here's a couple Shots from Disk Utility:
Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 12.23.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 12.24.33 PM.png

Hi guys,

I recently had to re-install my entire system from scratch (Clover 5122, Catalina 10.15.7). I guess I messed s.th. up during the installation process. Somehow, I have now 2 times the macOS - Data partition visible in disk utility program (see screenshot). I am uncertain if I can simply delete one and if so, which one is the correct one that can be deleted?
Any help would be appreciated ...

I ran into the same thing after installing Catalina last night on my DeskMini 100. Given a very limited exposure to Catalina, I'm not real sure if it is 'normal' or not. However, the PCIE NVME drive (with Mojave 14.4) is still showing as a single volume. I suspect this has to do with some OS-specific changes having to do with Catalina.
I'm still just getting setup and testing for 'bugs' &/or certain specific improvements that I hope will be present, so I can't say 4 sure, or with any confidence...
Guys?

Anyways, here's a couple Shots from Disk Utility:
View attachment 495195View attachment 495196
perfectly normal

"perfectly normal" <-- naa I wouldn't say so in my case, as I had 2x the MacOS Data Volume (see screenshot). I meanwhile delete one of them so that I have 2 partitions Mac-OS and MacOS - Data.

"perfectly normal" <-- naa I wouldn't say so in my case, as I had 2x the MacOS Data Volume (see screenshot). I meanwhile delete one of them so that I have 2 partitions Mac-OS and MacOS - Data.
yes, your screen shot is normal

did you open it in full screen? it cant be right to see 3 volumes:
Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-12 um 14.27.03.png

and two with the same name. As said, I deleted one and the system remains stable.

did you open it in full screen? it cant be right to see 3 volumes:
View attachment 495289
and two with the same name. As said, I deleted one and the system remains stable.
nope, but yes, only one data should be there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back