i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey,

sometimes when I play Minecraft on my new Hackintosh the screen starts to flicker. As soon as I quit Minecraft this effect disappears. So only in situations where high performance by the GPU is needed, the monitor starts to flicker and shows some strange stripes.

Any ideas or suggestions to fix this problem? Maybe an installation of CUDA drivers or something else for my GTX 770?

Help would be much appreciated :)

Addidition: Every more or less GPU intense task leads to this issue (Maps, YouTube etc)

Looks a little bit like this: Foto.jpg

Most likely cause is your DVI adapter. Can you test on another monitor without the adapter. That's the easiest way to find out...

Off topic, you can afford a GTX770 but use an old crappy monitor? You can grab a 23" 1080p display for like $120.

Looks a little bit like this: View attachment 97942
If using intensive applications that rely on fast internet connections be sure wifi antennas and Ethernet cables are not near the monitor cable could be an interference problem test this with intensive graphics applications while disconnected from Internet if it isn't the problem then it more than likely is the adapter issue although it could also be blow capacitors on the graphics card does it ever freeze

Most likely cause is your DVI adapter. Can you test on another monitor without the adapter. That's the easiest way to find out...

Off topic, you can afford a GTX770 but use an old crappy monitor? You can grab a 23" 1080p display for like $120.

thanks man, i tested it with my sisters monitor and no flickering at all :D
I would say: time for a new monitor (i have planned to upgrade since a few months ;) )

any recommendations for a 22 - 24 inch 1080p monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back