Graphics
GTX 750 TI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok so, in short here is my issue. I am running a 4790k with a msi GTX 750 ti.

Obviously, the gpu requires nvidia web driver. ok fine. installed. The issue i run into is whenever the web driver is on, my onboard audio port stops working (green circle on mobo). The web driver gives u the option to restart and use os x driver for graphics, and when i boot here, the audio works fine and properly.

The way i see it, i have two solutions but i NEED guidance and knowledge

1. Boot without webdriver and just enable HD4600 Graphics (link me to a proper guide if possible)
2. Fix audio while using webdriver.

and i guess a third would be

3. buying a natively supported gpu (unlikely)

if someone could help me, it would mean a lot.

Check the Sound (System) Preference Pane to see what it's showing. You can also use the Audio MIDI Setup app in /Applications/Utilities as well.

Its running internal speakers and the midi tool doesn't let me change the master volume. Stork, i really don't believe the error is simply changing my output type. I can turn on the os x default driver and then the audio works. it has to be something with the web driver, and i really need a fix.

Please keep in touch so we can work this out, really would like ur assistance considering ur pc specs. thanks!!

Hmmmm. You have a weird problem. I don't know the cause of your problem, so I'm going suggest that you use MultiBeast to just reload your audio driver and then reboot. Good luck! :thumbup:

Thanks, will update you soon.

Replying from another pc, i did that and now my web driver is gone i think lol, audio works but hd is off, runnning multibeast for all other drivers, will update again.

Ok i tried to boot with 1080p display mode and my ethernet driver from multibeast and now...deadbeef. Will update you again

OK, UPDATE:

This is irritating. Extremely irritating, and if you could help wit would me MUCH appreciated.

Stork, what i need is your wisdom. I did the multibeast audio, then i tried to install the rest of my stuff. Bad idea, i get that now, shouldve just installed alc1150 then booted web driver. Ok. Now im trying to boot and keep getting deadbeef. I need to get into the pc and run multibeast with alc1150. then try to run web driver.

ok, so no i need your opinion. IF I WIPE MY PARTITITION, RERUN UNIBEAST AND REINSTALL MAC, CAN YOU WALK ME THROUGH??

In fact ill do it for you but just tell me where i can make changes.

If i reinstall OS 10.10.4, this is what ill do (MAKE CORRECTIONS IF NEEDED)

1. Run unibeast and partition my SSD to install OSX, and install OSX.
2. Boot with nv_disable=1 if necessary (what i needed to do with my gtx 960, then i returned it)
3. Choose DSDTfree, and ONLY install alc1150
4. Install web driver
5. Be happy with myself and my pc

If this all soounds good give me the thumbs up because i am fine with wiping my ssd and restarting to make it easier

Ok stork so yeh i did the alc1150 and only that, booted into web driver and still no sound rly lost at his point. Im ready to do what i said above and fresh install mac, give me the okif you think i should

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back