Contribute
Register

Warning: 2 builds of macOS Sierra 10.12.1-Nvidia web drivers only work with 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for this! It all seems to install fine, and when the system comes back up it's saying it's using the nVidia Web Driver instead of the default driver, however my screen still does not seem to detect resolution info correctly and I get screen tearing as well. Any ideas on this? Or just have to wait for nVidia to release an updated driver..

Rewrote my post as a step by step on how it worked on my system.

Follow that through and if you still have errors i'll take a look once i'm on my workstation tomorrow. It's at work you see (we got sick of waiting for a new Mac Pro)

I used the flat package editor to change the build number in the distribution file that worked perfectly thanks !

But now I am facing a new problem...

NVIDIA Driver Manager
The Default OS X Graphics Driver is now being used because the NVIDIA Web Driver 367.15.10.15f01 is not compatible with your current OS. You will be notified when a new version of the NVIDIA Web Driver is available.

I can open NVIDIA Prefenreces Menu but I can´t activate the NVIDIA Driver there its gray...

I am on Mac Pro 6,1 now I will try to change to Mac Pro 5,1.

Release Notes Archive:
This driver update is for Mac Pro 5,1 (2010) users.

Edit :

Thanks lukey, I followed your steps but still no change for me. Will try to find a solution tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Rewrote my post as a step by step on how it worked on my system.

Follow that through and if you still have errors i'll take a look once i'm on my workstation tomorrow. It's at work you see (we got sick of waiting for a new Mac Pro)

I was able to get it working by fixing the permissions on the kext file using Kext Utility, unfortunately now I'm running into the 'monitor sleeping on boot' issue and am unable to get it working despite applying the recommended fixes. :/ The only way I can get it to boot "normally" now is with the nv_disable=1 flag set.

Here you go!
Just spent an hour hassling around with repackaging and stuff.

---Step by Step---

1. Run the .pkg

Should install okay and then come up with a box saying the driver isn't supported so it's running with OS X default drivers.

2. Restart

3. Drag NVDAStartupWeb.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/

4. Open terminal and run these commands

Code:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
This one will probably come up with a bunch of things that look like errors but from what I can tell they're just warnings and you can ignore.
Code:
sudo kextcache -system-caches
Should complete without errors.

5. Restart and boot with nvda_drv=1

Works like a charm for me :)

Edit: Rewrote into a more easy to follow step by step.

Followed your instructions.

Need to run kext utility.

Drivers don't load otherwise.

Ansago thanks for the hint with the kext utility and permission on that kext file !

After using kext utility to fix permission and reboot :
The Nvidia web driver is used, thats at least what the Nvidia preferences windows says.

Thanks so far.

But there are still to points wrong.

First of all I have a 1920x1080 monitor, but under display it says : 23-Zoll (1280 x 1024)

Thats why everything looks strange :D

and the second thing is I still have the problem that I have picture flickering at startup, watching videos etc

It says it is using the Nvidia web driver now but I think thats fake xD

I have a GTX 970, maybe the problem is I am using a Maxwell graphics card ?

There is something called WebDriver Updater (ver 1.55). It has an option to patch the Nvidia web driver. I tried it with build 16B2657 and it worked beautifully. In brief, if you manage to download and run the web updater, select first the middle button labelled "NVDAStratupWeb,kext patch". Tick (or check mark) the option Patch after install. Under "Fake OS Build version" enter the latest build, the one installed (i.e. 16B2657). Next, press the first button "Info & Updates" and press "Check NVIDIA Update". The app will advise that there is no update and offers a drop down with build numbers. Select build number 16B2555 then click install. Once installed it will advise you to reboot. Once you reboot it will go into NVidia with full res automatically.

Hope this helps...
This worked perfectly for me. Thanks dude.

I hadn't any NVDAStartupWeb.kext on my Extensions folder so I installed first the 2555 driver and patched after.
Reboot and the resolution is fixed and all is working fine for now.

Also the graphics card has silent mode enabled.

Thumb up.

modify the NVDAStartupWeb.kext to force the older drivers to load.

1. Open up terminal and enter the following command:
    Code:
    sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist
  2. Enter your password and scroll down to where it says NVDARequiredOS
  3. Change the build number below that to your current build number
  4. Rebuild the kernel cache using the following two commands in terminal:
    Code:
  5. Reboot
THX A LOT! It WORKS on 16B2657 build! BreBo I love You! :D
1. download WebDriver-367.15.10.15f01 pkg
2. edit with Flat Package Editor ( "=0" to "=1" stuff)
3. install
4. reboot
5. and make your's solution
and finita :D

Here you go!
Just spent an hour hassling around with repackaging and stuff.

---Step by Step---

1. Run the .pkg

Should install okay and then come up with a box saying the driver isn't supported so it's running with OS X default drivers.

2. Restart

3. Drag NVDAStartupWeb.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/

4. Open terminal and run these commands

Code:
This one will probably come up with a bunch of things that look like errors but from what I can tell they're just warnings and you can ignore.
Code:
Should complete without errors.

5. Restart and boot with nvda_drv=1

Works like a charm for me :)

Edit: Rewrote into a more easy to follow step by step.

Lkeylad118,
Your fix worked perfectly for me.
Only thing different I did was to use KextBeast to install your modified NVDAStartupWeb.kext to L/E and S/L/E
Thanks so much!

This worked perfectly for me. Thanks dude.

I hadn't any NVDAStartupWeb.kext on my Extensions folder so I installed first the 2555 driver and patched after.
Reboot and the resolution is fixed and all is working fine for now.

Also the graphics card has silent mode enabled.

Thumb up.
What's the 2555 driver? Where do I find it from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back