Graphics
ATY,RadeonX1600
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi i'm pretty new to this forum and dew to my terrible current computer I thought about a hackintosh and i was wondering if this build is compatible

So the build is;
Motherboard: GA-Z77-D3H
RAM:G.Skill Ares 16GB 1600mhz
CPU:Intel Core i5-3570
Power Supply:CoolerMaster Extreme 2 725watt
Graphics Card: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 650
HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Optical Drive: Pioneer 22x DVD-R/RW

Wondering If This Build Is Compatible

Hi i'm pretty new to this forum and dew to my terrible current computer I thought about a hackintosh and i was wondering if this build is compatible

So the build is;
Motherboard: GA-Z77-D3H
Graphics Card: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 650
HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Optical Drive: Pioneer 22x DVD-R/RW

Audio on the motherboard is not supported in OSX Mountain Lion. You may be able to make it work by using VoodooHDA in the latest version of MultiBeast but it is hit or miss and may not work reliably. Recommend to switch to another board like the GA-Z77-DS3H / GA-Z77-HD3 / GA-Z77-HD4.

The video card may not work out of the box as well. Recommend to switch to the GT640.

Why might the video card not work and what's VoodooHDA

Why might the video card not work and what's VoodooHDA

VoodooHDA is a software which provides rudimentary support for unsupported audio like the VIA on your motherboard. It can be found in the latest version of MultiBeast which is available for download from the download section.

OSX is not designed to work with every piece of hardware since Apple only uses a small subset of hardware on their Macs. So you cannot expect any piece of hardware (video cards for example) to work with OSX. The GT640 and GTX660Ti works out of the box with OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 whereas the GTX650 / GTX650Ti / GTX660 may have problems.

How do i use VoodooHDA

Where can i get the GA-Z77-DS3H because I live in Australia and do i need DSDT for it.

Also when I get the GA-Z77-DS3H my new build will be:

Motherboard:GA-Z77-DS3H
HDD:500GB Seagate Barracuda
Optical Drive:pioneer 22x DVD-R/RW

Im not gonna have a graphics card.

Thanks,

HackMac

Status
Not open for further replies.