Contribute
Register

Waiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also be aware that the "createinstallmedia" method requires 2 reboots before the user setup routine.

Yah that's what I'm saying on the second reboot it doesn't finish up it just goes back to macos utilities anyway though I'm trying out basebinary clone and that should work as I don't need recovery partition

Hey for some reason I get to the installer install Sierra and then reboot to finish it up and it keeps going into macos utilities instead of finishing up installation
IF you're doing a fresh install from the usb drive, boot 'install macOS Sierra from macOS Installer' (or words to that effect) twice. The first install takes around 10 minutes and after a reboot the second one takes around 45 minutes to install. When that installation is finished, you again boot from the usb installer again but this time you boot from 'macOS Sierra' which will then take you on to the usual setup and then the desktop - Hope this helps - Good luck.

I know how it goes I'm no noob I've done this several times but for some reason createinstall media just didn't work for me so I did basebinary clone and it's installed now and I'm happy with it

Has anyone tried to install Sierra to a different hard drive from inside ElCapitan?

I have a spare SSD lying around for tests so I formatted it and thought - why not use the Clover I already have to boot my Sierra install with all the config.plist preferences already written in + my SSDTs?

So I download the installer, run it and tell it to install Sierra to my spare SSD, but it does nothing. ... any ideas? Not that I wouldn't go with the normal installer - but just for the sake of it - is it possible?

I have tried but not able to install, it just stuck at apple logo when I am trying to install any idea why so ?
MY system configurations :
Motherboard : Intel Original DH61H0
Processor : 3.9 GHz Intel core i3
RAM : 4 GB RAM 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics : NVIDEA GoForce 210 1024 MB
Tried Verbose mode as well,
IMG_20160713_183016219.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160713_183029620.jpg
    IMG_20160713_183029620.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 105
Status