Contribute
Register

Wacom MobileStudio Pro Hackintosh Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Has anyone been able to get Mac OSX High Sierra working on their MSP?

I'm in the process of trying to install Clover/High Sierra, but I'm a little confused on the steps, can someone go into detail from Installing Mac OSX, 4. onwards?

Any help would be so appreciated right now.

Thanks

try to install drivers~
256G SSD up to 1T SSD(WD blue m2 sata)

Attachments

• 3891B7E0-71F1-40C8-9CDC-7047EAD10F59.jpeg
    3891B7E0-71F1-40C8-9CDC-7047EAD10F59.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Hi,

I need some help.

I wiped my Windows disk using command prompt as it was locked when I tried to install High Sierra.

I changed it to 512mb to allow for boot up.

I need to know, is it still possible to install Macos High Sierra on my Mobile studio pro 16 even after wiping my windows disk.

It gives me 5 options from left to right to install High Sierra. I have tried all of them, but they just sit with the progress bar full or the screen freezes.

I don't understand the USB and External Hardrive part of the instructions.

Why do I need the External HDD, do I install Mac osx on here also?

The MSP has a card reader on the side, can I load OSX from this method - if so how?

If someone could give me a better rundown of the instruction, I would be so grateful!
Otherwise I have useless MSP to which I can't install Mac Osx.

I can provide photos if needed!

A timely reply would also be helpful!

Thanks so much in advance!!

Hi,

I finally installed Mac OS on my MSP, I still require the SD Card (I used this method of install) to be inserted in and then to select the correct boot-up via clover via boot manager.

How do I set it up to make it automatically boot my MACOSX to a select boot up and not require a SD card and not have to spam esc to get to boot manager to select SD Card thru bios and then thru clover?

Any more details on installing clover Accelerated Graphics to work including any other of the drivers would be helpful too.

Do I still need a portable HDD if I have installed and got Mac os working on my MSP?

Any advice would be good!

Thanks!

Thank you for the detailed installation story. I have a question: can I put it on an internal ssd? And how, in case of failure, to return windows again?

Thank you for the detailed installation story. I have a question: can I put it on an internal ssd? And how, in case of failure, to return windows again?

Sorry I disappeared y'all I dropped the project quite a while back, but yes you can install this on the internal without a problem just instead of selecting the external during install use the internal. I would recommend backing up the entire windows drive not just the partition and saving it somewhere safe. There are proprietary drivers that wacom stuffs in windows 10 that arnt offered on their website to make some of the hardware work and wacom wont send them to you if you reinstall windows. I personally use Macrium Reflect the free version is good enough to backup an entire drive as it makes an exact clone of all the data on the drive and saves it as a Macrium Image. Just remeber to select all the partitions.

Sorry I disappeared y'all I dropped the project quite a while back, but yes you can install this on the internal without a problem just instead of selecting the external during install use the internal. I would recommend backing up the entire windows drive not just the partition and saving it somewhere safe. There are proprietary drivers that wacom stuffs in windows 10 that arnt offered on their website to make some of the hardware work and wacom wont send them to you if you reinstall windows. I personally use Macrium Reflect the free version is good enough to backup an entire drive as it makes an exact clone of all the data on the drive and saves it as a Macrium Image. Just remeber to select all the partitions.
Thank you, dear person, for your quick response. I would be grateful if you could tell me why you abandoned your project. After all, you have achieved fantastic results. Perhaps your story will help me and other people save time, if we are waiting for some problems in the future that can not be resolved? I personally am an artist, animator and video editor. All that interests me in the computer is just three programs (two of them are native Apple programs and one is animated), 3D and games are not interested. Can I work steadily on this machine, or do you advise me not to waste time on experiments? And once again, thank you very much for your work and time!

Thank you, dear person, for your quick response. I would be grateful if you could tell me why you abandoned your project. After all, you have achieved fantastic results. Perhaps your story will help me and other people save time, if we are waiting for some problems in the future that can not be resolved? I personally am an artist, animator and video editor. All that interests me in the computer is just three programs (two of them are native Apple programs and one is animated), 3D and games are not interested. Can I work steadily on this machine, or do you advise me not to waste time on experiments? And once again, thank you very much for your work and time!

Hey doco, just lack of time to actually focus on it. Ever since I left uni and went straight to working I haven't had the ability to focus on a lot of things since the time I had and took for granted is now almost gone. Eventually i had to drop some projects this being one of them. Now these days I'm running a vm on my desktop that runs macOS and it just became easier to just hook it up to that ecspecially with all the extra power my desktop has compared to my mobilestudio. The last thing i remember from this project i was trying to figure out issues with sleep and power draw as it was pretty high at the time and was having problems with it waking up from suspend. Otherwise when i had it on and active, touch and pen worked great and using photoshop on it was as smooth as butter

Hey doco, just lack of time to actually focus on it. Ever since I left uni and went straight to working I haven't had the ability to focus on a lot of things since the time I had and took for granted is now almost gone. Eventually i had to drop some projects this being one of them. Now these days I'm running a vm on my desktop that runs macOS and it just became easier to just hook it up to that ecspecially with all the extra power my desktop has compared to my mobilestudio. The last thing i remember from this project i was trying to figure out issues with sleep and power draw as it was pretty high at the time and was having problems with it waking up from suspend. Otherwise when i had it on and active, touch and pen worked great and using photoshop on it was as smooth as butter
Thanks. I have already installed, on your advice, Macrium. Now I create an image of the entire Windows system disk (all 3 partitions are marked). In case of failure with mac os, I will need to first make a clean installation of windows 10 and Macrium, and then restore the disk C from this image? Am I right? Will it be necessary to change something in the BIOS too?

Thanks. I have already installed, on your advice, Macrium. Now I create an image of the entire Windows system disk (all 3 partitions are marked). In case of failure with mac os, I will need to first make a clean installation of windows 10 and Macrium, and then restore the disk C from this image? Am I right? Will it be necessary to change something in the BIOS too?
Yep just reinstall windows and then macrium and after that you will restore the image with all the paritions, not just the C, you want the others too as they contain drivers and boot information on them, and everything should be back to the way it was. As far as changes in the bios for macrium to restore your information none need to be made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back