Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So tonymac has blocked my ISP, but Cloudfire WARP gets me through if I switch it ON. But when ON, I cannot reply to my daughter's e-mails; my replies go directly to my outbox and stay there, unless I switch WARP OFF, whereupon the reply is sent. Is this normal?

So tonymac has blocked my ISP, but Cloudfire WARP gets me through if I switch it ON. But when ON, I cannot reply to my daughter's e-mails; my replies go directly to my outbox and stay there, unless I switch WARP OFF, whereupon the reply is sent. Is this normal?

Hi there.

It is certainly "normal" for Cloudfire WARP to hide your originating IP address.

However if your emails can then no-longer be sent, then that is obviously an issue with the server routing your email provider uses.

I guess the real answer is to find out why your IP address has been banned in the first place and work from there. Usually bans are imposed when DoS attacks, or similar, originate from a certain address.

For more information on that then use the "Contact Us" link, bottom left of each screen to contact the site admins.

:)

I guess the real answer is to find out why your IP address has been banned in the first place and work from there. Usually bans are imposed when DoS attacks, or similar, originate from a certain address.
I did recently use "Contact Us" and got the answer that there had been "SSH" attacks, whatever that is, on tonymac, and that my IP address is included in a group from which those attacks originated. I've read about distributed denial of service (DDOS) but have never before heard of "SSH." Don't even know what that stands for. Anyway, there is now a "soft switch" in my menu... ON for tonymac (as required) and OFF for everything else.
Thanks for responding.

Yes, lately is annoying this reject from tonymac!

trs96 wrote in another thread that "quad9" is an alternative method of altering ISP. Their site recommends setting up a router as first choice. That would work best for us, since we have both Macs and Windows devices at our home. Their procedure is for a "Micro-Tik" router, but I imagine our NetGear wi-fi/cable router would work too. But I worry that I will create some sort of new problem. (I do know how to set up the router, but know nothing about quad9 except what I read on their website. Is it preferable to WARP in general?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back