Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I have the ASUS UX310UAK, ELAN1200 laptop, Bios 306. New kext works for me gpio 51, 17 ... but, there is a CPU problem running max 3500ghz. Kernel task 110% !. I have returned to 1.0.4 ...

Attachments

• origin.zip
    594.8 KB · Views: 90
  • patches.zip
    855.8 KB · Views: 95
Hello alex.daoud,
First of all thanks for your work. Despite the problem, I am very enthusiastic about your work.

I have same problem as sipjog. Trackpad is fully working but CPU running max 3500ghz.
Have everything as written on your page packed in the ZIP-file. Or should this be uploaded to the Gitter chat?

Attachments

• bug_report_ASUS_Zenbook_UX330UA.zip
    15.6 MB · Views: 85
Hello all, So I'm still pretty new to the mackintosh community and I've been having lots of trouble with getting my i2c smart gesture touchpad(ELAN1000) to work on my setup. the device ID is ETPD and I cannot locate this in the registry explorer. Now I know I saw that it said this means that I have not applied the windows patch so I thing that is where my problem lies. I have tried multiple times to get my windows patch to apply and for some reason it does not seen to want to apply, I have applied other patches no problem but for some reason this patch is being especially stubborn. any help or anything at all would really be nice bc I'm going crazy lol. Thanks!

Hello all, So I'm still pretty new to the mackintosh community and I've been having lots of trouble with getting my i2c smart gesture touchpad(ELAN1000) to work on my setup. the device ID is ETPD and I cannot locate this in the registry explorer. Now I know I saw that it said this means that I have not applied the windows patch so I thing that is where my problem lies. I have tried multiple times to get my windows patch to apply and for some reason it does not seen to want to apply, I have applied other patches no problem but for some reason this patch is being especially stubborn. any help or anything at all would really be nice bc I'm going crazy lol. Thanks!
Read post #1. There is a link to the troubleshooting guide, including which files you should upload here (we can't guess what you're doing...) :)

On some Laptops the Bios IOInterruptSpecifiers is wrong.
See my ASUS Zenbook XU330UAK. It shows there 6D.
This results in 0x55.
With 0x55 I get Trackpad Settings but it does not work.
Then I test different numbers. At the end it was 0x51.
This number give me trackpad settings and working trackpad very harmonious and
multi gesture.
I also ended up getting 6D/0x55 and got the same results as you. I tried some of the common values in the guide and didn't get it to work. I will try 0x51.

Still no luck with laptop waking from sleep

hi guys, can't seem to get voodooi2c working at all. I think i patched dsdt correctly but it seems not to load properly despite showing up in log output. trackpad works though with sys>pref panels. but 3 finger swipe for full screen apps only gets me alert sounds. please help and thanks!!!

i'm on dell xps 15 FHD non touch
OSX 10.13.1

EDIT: NEVERMIND. I worked it out and it's working now.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    761.6 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Hello all, So I'm still pretty new to the mackintosh community I was able to install Sierra 10.12.6 and I'm trying to fix what is not working but i can not geht my trackpad to work :( any help would be appreciated.

my device is ETPD - ELAN1000
_SB: PCI0:I2C1: ETPD

install the kexts to Clover/kexts/Other.
VoodooI2C v2.0.1 with VoodooI2CELAN.

DSDT patched / Battery / Windows 10 and GPIO

Attached are my files

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    166.4 KB · Views: 162
  • Sabrys MacBook Air.ioreg
    2.9 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:
You forgot gpio pinning I guess? Not in front of a PC so can’t have a look at your files.

Note: If you have ever used some version of VoodooHDA prior to v2.0. You will have to start over.

You forgot gpio pinning I guess? Not in front of a PC so can’t have a look at your files.

Note: If you have ever used some version of VoodooHDA prior to v2.0. You will have to start over.

do you think I should do a new installation ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back