Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Who nebud enlighten what is connected with the problem. The touchpad works but in the settings the system does not detect it.
I suspect it's because you have a Synaptics trackpad, which has no multitouch support with VoodooI2CHID - Therefore using mouse emulation, and the trackpad prefpane isn't showing.

I do not agree with you. In version 1.0.4, everything worked. It is possible to reinstall Sierra

I do not agree with you. In version 1.0.4, everything worked. It is possible to reinstall Sierra
Version 1.0.4 has Synaptics multitouch support. Version 2.0.1 does NOT.

Hi people,
My BIOS has an option that allows my trackpad to switch between PS/2 and I2C. Currently, it is working pretty well, with ApplePS2SmartTouchPad kext (in PS/2 mode). My question is, what advantage would I have if I switched to I2C? Would I get the Magic Trackpad-like experience? Or the same emulated-mouse experience? Is it worth it to switch?
It's a SYNA touchpad (8086, a161), if it helps.
Thanks.

Hi people,
My BIOS has an option that allows my trackpad to switch between PS/2 and I2C. Currently, it is working pretty well, with ApplePS2SmartTouchPad kext (in PS/2 mode). My question is, what advantage would I have if I switched to I2C? Would I get the Magic Trackpad-like experience? Or the same emulated-mouse experience? Is it worth it to switch?
It's a SYNA touchpad (8086, a161), if it helps.
Thanks.
I take it you have a Dell? If it's a Precision Touchpad (which most Dell synaptics are) then VoodooI2C will support it better than ApplePS2SmartTouchpad (this is the situation I have). If its not Precision Touchpad then there is currently no multitouch support for regular Synaptics in v2 (we had it in v1.0.4 but have not been able to port it to v2).

I take it you have a Dell? If it's a Precision Touchpad (which most Dell synaptics are) then VoodooI2C will support it better than ApplePS2SmartTouchpad (this is the situation I have). If its not Precision Touchpad then there is currently no multitouch support for regular Synaptics in v2 (we had it in v1.0.4 but have not been able to port it to v2).

Thanks for the quick reply.
It's actually an Acer Aspire VX15 (I should have specified. My bad.), but it's a hybrid. There's an option in BIOS which allows me to switch (rather conveniently) between "Basic"(PS/2) and "Advanced"(I2C). Windows detects it as Precision in Advanced Mode.
Just one more question. Are the multi-touch gestures implemented in VoodooI2C native or keyboard-mapped?
Once again, thanks for all the efforts.

Thanks for the quick reply.
It's actually an Acer Aspire VX15 (I should have specified. My bad.), but it's a hybrid. There's an option in BIOS which allows me to switch (rather conveniently) between "Basic"(PS/2) and "Advanced"(I2C). Windows detects it as Precision in Advanced Mode.
Just one more question. Are the multi-touch gestures implemented in VoodooI2C native or keyboard-mapped?
Once again, thanks for all the efforts.
They are keyboard mapped. We are working on emulating native gestures but have no ETA for that. That being said, the gesture implementation in VoodooI2C is probably one of the best non-Apple implementations out there (barring maybe touch-base but theirs is userland whereas ours is kernel land :) ). Ours is the only free implementation that works on touchscreens, to boot.

They are keyboard mapped. We are working on emulating native gestures but have no ETA for that. That being said, the gesture implementation in VoodooI2C is probably one of the best non-Apple implementations out there (barring maybe touch-base but theirs is userland whereas ours is kernel land :) ). Ours is the only free implementation that works on touchscreens, to boot.

Hello,

I successfully switched over to VoodooI2C. It actually is much more responsive and precise than ApplePS2SmartTouchpad. Gestures are recognised much more accurately.

However, there are 2 issues:
1) 4-finger gestures do not work.
2) 2-finger click is interpreted as secondary click only if I tap hard. If tapped softly, the secondary click is detected roughly once every 3-4 times.

My configuration:
1) For the controller patch, I replaced _STA with XSTA (Clover hot-patch), and added a _STA using an SSDT.
2) I had applied the XOS patch with Clover, so I guess I do not need the Windows 10 Patch.
3) The pinnings were already less than 0x2f.

Could you please take a look? I've attached my IOReg(extracted with IORegistryExplorer v2.1) and my stripped CLOVER folder. If you need anything else, let me know and I'll provide it as soon as possible.

Once more, thanks very much for the great work.

EDIT: I was using ApplePS2SmartTouchpad for my keyboard as well. Apparently, it didn't work with VoodooI2C. I had to switch to VoodooPS2. You may want to add that part to the installation guide, to save people from some misery.

Attachments

• VX15.ioreg
    7.5 MB · Views: 157
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Unfortunately I have noticed a big performance problem with the newest driver.
My processor Intel® Core™ i7-7500U. ELAN 1200. ASUS Zenbook UX330UA.
It's a pity. Unfortunately I did not find a solution.

Driver VoodooI2C-1.0.4:
VoodooI2C-1.0.4.jpg

Only change on the system. Update to VoodooI2C-v2.0.1 und add VoodooI2CHID.kext.
VoodooI2C-v2.0.1.jpg

Last edited:

Issues with 2 finger tap are known, no solution atm. 4 finger gestures do work, you just need to be a bit slower with them (done on purpose to prevent accidentally activating them. Also, see the following page to ensure that you have them properly mapped: https://voodooi2c.github.io/#Supported Gestures/Supported Gestures

As it stands, your report is not sufficient for me to diagnose anything. You havent provided me with your troubleshooting archives nor an accurate description of when these power consumption issues happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back