HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello Hackintossers(LOL-only a joke),
This is my first post. I've recently installed ML 10.8.3 on a Toshiba c850 10w. Everything works except the sound.
Well in fact the sound provided by VoodooHDA 2.8.2 works for first 5 minutes of booting the laptop i.e. the usual sound coming from youtube, music, and notifications etc. However after that 5 minutes the sound reduces to either sound at all/ very very low sound bips for example.

The picture below shows the voodooHDA sound preferences, with an extra options which i believe shouldn't be there or atleast it is creating conflict with the VoodooHDA sound driver.
How do I resolve this or atleast remove this option from the preference pane.
I did try deleting the kext and .bak folder from S/L/E but that just gave me an unbootable system. Both the Speaker(Analog) and AppleACPIPlatformExport have a tick next to them.

If any one asks about this laptop.
The native wifi/blutooth adapter doesn't work i.e. its the RTL8723AE by realtek who for some reason have decided not support this chipset on there website.
The audio partially works at the begging but then becomes mute.
I tried the HD 3000 driver from unibeast on a TV but the TV didn't show the display visible on my hackintosh book pro laptop.
Other than that the experience is good.

201306156_0006-CapturFiles_1.jpg

Kind Regards,
NPM1.

PS why can't hackintosh use ALSA/PulseAudio as a driver instead ALSA works flawlessly in Ubuntu 13.04.....

PSS if you have DSDT file for this laptop please provide the file using the code html enclosures.

same issue with my Toshiba U845W. Audio starts to crackle then drops out after 5-10 minutes (using voodooHDA 2.8.2). Audio works fine using 2.7.2, and does not drop out at all. But there is a constant hiss (low), and I lose almost 1.5 hours of battery life. still looking for a solution, as everything else works fine on this laptop (except sleep)

Why do I have that second option in the VoodooHDA preferences panel?

Thanks for responding, I'll have a look at that version of VoodooHDA,
Have you tried reducing the input gain under the preferences panel in system settings.

I'll remove the VoodooHDA file and leave the AppleHDADisabler there in the S/L/E...
and see if that makes it better....

everyone wanting to hack, make sure you could open the backside of the laptop up without voiding your warrenty, also make sure that the components under the hood are replacable i.e. the WIFI/Bluetooth pcie controller, I guest that sound is covered by the VoodooHDA driver...

input gain is at zero, on 2.8.2...

installed both 2.7.2 and 2.7.3, and the fan runs constantly (temps up to 66). Both versions showed the extra device. I reinstalled 2.8.2, and fan stopped as soon as I logged back in. what device is in your laptop? I have the ALC280, and I don't see any kexts available for this...

updated to ML 10.8.4 - no change

Hello folks,
Just an update, i manage to find out how to change the wifi/bluetooth mini pcie, so rushed into ebay and purchased a BroadCom BCM94322HM8L BCM4322 which works out of the box in my ML 10.8.3 hackintosh....This is apparently the native chip for wireless in the official Macbooks,

2.8.4 voodooHDA works for audio except that after 5-10 minutes it starts crackling/delaying/then the original sounds are swapped out for plips/then nothing.
The easy and temporary solution to this is to change the format in AUDIO MIDI SETUP.
This temporary solution seems to work everytime until the crackling etc comes back in. in which case i change the Format under the MIDI setup again...I would have to keep doing this throughout my computing sessions.....

WHY can't hackintosh/OSX use ALSA instead as this has always worked for me in ubuntu.

Thanks

Hi,
thank you but this issue still persist....

heres my plist with these changes made:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>BuildMachineOSBuild</key>
	<string>12E55</string>
	<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
	<string>English</string>
	<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
	<string>VoodooHDA</string>
	<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
	<string>org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA</string>
	<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
	<string>6.0</string>
	<key>CFBundleName</key>
	<string>VoodooHDA</string>
	<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
	<string>KEXT</string>
	<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
	<string>2.8.4</string>
	<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
	<string>????</string>
	<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
	<string>2.8.4</string>
	<key>DTCompiler</key>
	<string>com.apple.compilers.llvmgcc42</string>
	<key>DTPlatformBuild</key>
	<string>4H1003</string>
	<key>DTPlatformVersion</key>
	<string>GM</string>
	<key>DTSDKBuild</key>
	<string>12E55</string>
	<key>DTSDKName</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>DTXcode</key>
	<string>0462</string>
	<key>DTXcodeBuild</key>
	<string>4H1003</string>
	<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
	<dict>
		<key>VoodooHDA</key>
		<dict>
			<key>AllowMSI</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Boost</key>
			<integer>2</integer>
			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
			<string>org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA</string>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<string>VoodooHDADevice</string>
			<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
			<string>VoodooHDADevice</string>
			<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
			<string>0x04030000&amp;0xffff0000</string>
			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
			<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
			<key>IOUserClientClass</key>
			<string>VoodooHDAUserClient</string>
			<key>InhibitCache</key>
			<false/>
			<key>MixerValues</key>
			<dict>
				<key>PCM</key>
				<integer>90</integer>
				<key>Rec</key>
				<integer>70</integer>
				<key>iGain</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
				<key>iMix</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
			</dict>
			<key>NodesToPatch</key>
			<array/>
			<key>Noise</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
			<key>Vectorize</key>
			<true/>
			<key>VoodooHDAEnableHalfMicVolumeFix</key>
			<true/>
			<key>VoodooHDAEnableHalfVolumeFix</key>
			<true/>
			<key>VoodooHDAEnableMuteFix</key>
			<true/>
			<key>VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix</key>
			<true/>
			<key>VoodooHDAVerboseLevel</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
	<dict>
		<key>com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily</key>
		<string>1.1fc9</string>
		<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>
		<string>2.1</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>
		<string>9.0.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>
		<string>9.0.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.mach</key>
		<string>9.0.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.unsupported</key>
		<string>9.0.0</string>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Try changing your settings in the info.plist to this:

Code:
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo]<key>[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Menlo]Noise[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo]</key>
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo]<integer>[COLOR=#000000]0[/COLOR]</integer>
[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Menlo][COLOR=#0433ff]<key>[/COLOR]Vectorize[COLOR=#0433ff]</key>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo]<true/>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Menlo][COLOR=#0433ff]<key>[/COLOR]VoodooHDAEnableHalfMicVolumeFix[COLOR=#0433ff]</key>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][COLOR=#0433ff]<key>[/COLOR]VoodooHDAEnableHalfVolumeFix[COLOR=#0433ff]</key>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][COLOR=#0433ff]<key>[/COLOR]VoodooHDAEnableMuteFix[COLOR=#0433ff]</key>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][COLOR=#0433ff]<key>[/COLOR]VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix[COLOR=#0433ff]</key>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][COLOR=#0433ff]<key>[/COLOR]VoodooHDAVerboseLevel[COLOR=#0433ff]</key>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo]<integer>[COLOR=#000000]0[/COLOR]</integer>[/FONT][/COLOR]

made the same changes, but still the same issue on my Toshiba U845W. Only version that does not drop the audio is 2.7.2 - but it drains the battery and there is a constant hiss...

Attachments

• AudioDevices.tiff
    24.2 KB · Views: 216
I have the Realtek ALC280 - not sure what device NPM1 has. 0x10EC0280 is the codec, but says the device is 0x80861E20 (the same as the Intel HD 4000 HDMI). So I have two devices listed - picture attached in previous post. Any help is appreciated - thanks!

I have the Audio: Realtek ALC269Q-VB6-GR

I tried both and neither worked....

How do I completely disable the mic?

i installed soundflower, sound issues didn't occur for a good 30 an hour, this ended as soon as i restarted the laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back