Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys,

I have macOS High Sierra installed and I realized that the sound output (via headset) is very low respect to Windows.
What can I do?

Tell me if you need more informations about my system.

Hello guys,

I have macOS High Sierra installed and I realized that the sound output (via headset) is very low respect to Windows.
What can I do?

Tell me if you need more informations about my system.

Hi there.

You motherboard seems to feature a Realtek ALC887 codec so it should be an easy enough install.

If you are getting audio output and the device appears in System Preferences / Audio then check which output socket you are using. The Green one? Or Front-Panel?

Are you using the AppleALC.kext to enable sound or something else?

:)

Hello @UtterDisbelief ,

first of all thanks for your answer.
I'm using the Green Rear (from the back panel).

Yes, I am using AppleALC.kext (in add to HDMIAudio.kext for the HDMI connection to my monitor).

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-03-22 alle 18.24.35.png
    Schermata 2020-03-22 alle 18.24.35.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 65
Hello @UtterDisbelief ,

first of all thanks for your answer.
I'm using the Green Rear (from the back panel).

Yes, I am using AppleALC.kext (in add to HDMIAudio.kext for the HDMI connection to my monitor).

Great, that's good :thumbup:

Not sure why your volume is too low. I have noticed in my own build that the default output is lower in macOS than in Windows 10, but not so much as to be a problem.

Not sure why this is happening.

Thank you anyway for having tried to help.

I noticed that if I use my AirPods via bluetooth (using a usb bluetooth receiver), the audio comes out at a normal volume. The problem is only with cable headsets. Nevermind.

Thank you anyway for having tried to help.

I noticed that if I use my AirPods via bluetooth (using a usb bluetooth receiver), the audio comes out at a normal volume. The problem is only with cable headsets. Nevermind.

Okay :thumbup:

Out of interest I never plug my headphones (Sennheiser) directly into the green port. I use powered speakers which also have a headphones output, so there is always amplification available. Depending on the impedence of your cable headset, this might be a problem. Although, having said that, there should be the same effect in Windows too!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back