Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys, i'm having a serious problem with cpu temperature. It's a i7 4790 with a basic intel cooler and it reaches 100°C in seconds while rendering a video with Final Cut. When i stop the process it drops down to 50°C very fast. Stressing the cpu on windows it doesn't get over 85°C. Hope it could be a Mavericks error reading a wrong temp but i don't think so. I checked the thermal compound state too and it seemed to be all right. Now i really don't know what to blame, looking for some help...

Heating control is not a strong suit in Apple products as they are all essentially glorified notebooks. Your CPU is throttled down in Windows as it overheats but that will not happen in OSX.

You may want to invest in a closed loop water cooler: they are not hard to install.

It's a solution i was considering

Heating control is not a strong suit in Apple products as they are all essentially glorified notebooks. Your CPU is throttled down in Windows as it overheats but that will not happen in OSX.

You may want to invest in a closed loop water cooler: they are not hard to install.

Not sure what you mean by that, my CPU throttles down in OSX. Offhand I'd say the reading of 100° is HWMonitor giving a false temperature reading, it's fairly common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back