Contribute
Register

VodooI2C issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tashev

Oh, lol, so you have a touchscreen too? Didn't even realize that.

@BlvckBytes

Yeah I forgot about it all t he time, the screen is 3200x1800 with touchscreen

Hey @BlvckBytes about the thing with trackpad stopped working I finally understood what is causing it.
It is after I use the Windows Boot Manager(located on onboard SSD EFI part) to boot into windows.
Then after rebooting the trackpad is gone :)
Then kextcache rebuild or nvram cleanup dont help
Weirdly I find helpfull to change the USB port of my external EFI partition that boots OSX
Dunno how that helps.
Have you stumbled on something like that in your setup ?

Cheers

@tashev

I just still stick to the old version of VoodooI2C. Windows is something I didn't boot for like a year, but the kext would still screw up all the time.

There is something very wrong with the new ways of doing things they've implemented. Maybe it has been fixed until today, I didn't keep track, since it works so well rn.

@BlvckBytes yeah 2.3 seems to work the best.
2.4.4 don't work fine with tap to click for example.
Which version of VoodooInput you pair it with?

@tashev

I don't see any voodooinput on my machine, I think that has been introduced after 2.3, or has it?

@tashev

I don't see any voodooinput on my machine, I think that has been introduced after 2.3, or has it?
yes, there is a VoodooInput built-in with VoodooI2C and VoodooPS2Controller.kext

best to only use the one, trial and error both :)

Yeah, 2.4.4 has one build in, however 2.3 did not had such and I was not able to boot :)Anyhow now I did bundle them together and seems to be fine.
@BlvckBytes what did you said about sleep states, did dive into that on the Razer blade?

@tashev

My sleep works, but it wakes randomly. I have tried to investigate that through the logs, but I gave up since it's not really worth my time - I wouldn't use it much anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back