Contribute
Register

VirtualSMC now supports Z370, Z390, & X299 Fan RPM and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @ModMike how are you?

I followed your post with interest, do you think fan control could be implemented for non pwm fans like the ones we have in most laptops?

I use VirtualSMC on my Dell XPS 9560.

Is there a guide or procedure we can follow to add sensors?

I tried to identify the diode model, aida64 reports Dell SMI-B (Nuvoton NCT7509/7718 not sure about the exact model).

Any insights are welcome.

Thank you.

@ModMike, hi there

Another one great post.
Have you any updates about RPM in iStats?

@canyondust
you are right i try mojave with FSMC and virtualSMC. At the moment, only FSMC is providing information from video

i need to be sur that my own CM is taking account

Last edited:
I'll open her up later today and check, but AIDA64 under Win10 reports the IT8688E and IT8795E. A Tweaktown review also confirms those two chips.

FWIW, I'm also running iMac19,1 and Mojave 10.14.4 18E2034.

Adding the efi didn't change the result. I didn't have SMCHelper.
hey, i'd like to know how you found the sensor device information? i've looked around in aida, but there's only "thermal zone" (_TZ.THRM)

Works fine with Sensei and HWMonitorSMC2, but with istat menus only show CPU fan information, the pump and other fans didnt show up
EDITED:
Im using VirtualSMC version 1.1.1 with all 4 SMC sensors and VirtualSMC.EFI inside driver folder
Someone know if Im missing something?

1579549066423.png

Last edited:
I have 5 PWM fans in my personal build (Z370 AORUS Gaming 3, i5-9600K and RX 580) and I switched to VirtualSMC (version 1.1.1) today, with 2 sensor kexts added. HWMonitorSMC2 can show the speed of all 5 fans, but iStat Menus can show only 2 fans as Fan 1 (CPU fan) and Fan 2 (System 1 fan). I cannot get used to the interface of HWMonitorSMC2 so I will stay with iStat Menus however.

Last edited:
Just switched from FakeSMC + sensors to VirtualSMC + sensors on my Z97 board. Using iStat, FakeSMC listed all 5 fan speeds, but VirtualSMC only shows 1. Is there a way I can go about fixing this?

Is development still ongoing? Does this support z390 boards with IT8988E ? I'm on FakeSMC. Every time I try to remove and switch to virtualSMC I kill the system and it won't boot. At some point in my build before doing all this, Macs Fan Control reported out fan speeds but now it won't even launch and none of the above utilities can see any fans at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back