Contribute
Register

Video showing iBoot, MultiBeast, & OS X 10.6.3 Installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoelATX said:
Thanks for these videos, I had much the same results as you did on my first try. After watching your very fine videos I was up and running with no problems in about 30 minutes.

Glad to hear you got it working.

posting.php?mode=reply&f=3&t=1682&sid=25b9b58d180c8607d41b9f9b3db85066#

Hi Tony, Thank you in advance for all of your hard and dedicated work with this site and for the Hackintosh community.

I've been having troubles with the iBoot + Multibeast install. Specifically, I have not been able to get the SL disk to actually install the full OS. I'm using the $29 10.6.3 retail disk. After iBoot'ing, installing and getting to the installation failed screen, I reboot with iBoot and I do not see my install disk. Upon further investigation I find that the OS has not been installed on the chosen disk.... There's one folder with extra Mac stuff... but no /var, /private, /system and so on. I've done this several times now pulling out memory sticks, pairing disks, etc. with the same result.

I've done this install with 10.6.3 on a USB stick with success, but no sound, eth.... So I've been trying to use your method here and frankly, I'm stumped.

I've searched this forum and general "google" for similar problems but have not found my exact situation. Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated.

Regards,

Nice video thanks..

Hey i got a question.

Im going to be the same exact steps your doing but got a hardware question.

You used a UD4P Motherboard. I was looking at the UD5 motherboard. Do you think this will affect installation, the reason is it has a 1366 socket and i would love to use a 920 or 930 chip. ??? Also it uses a X58 chipset not the P55 what do you think?

Also I want to use a 9800 GT or GTX card for graphics.??

Thanks so much for this tutorial. I subscribed to your youtube channel, cant wait for some great vids. Thanks again.

Thanks for these videos. I have nearly the same hardware, but i am not able to boot the iBoot Disk without errors:

EBIOS read error: Device timeout
Block 0x16d8 Sectors 0
EBIOS read error: Device timeout
Block 0x16d8 Sectors 0

After 5 to 8 of there messages the bootloader was started, but when i change to OS X SL DVD, press F5 and the enter, my PC ist going to reboot.
I set up the BIOS correctly and checked it twice. All SATA Controller set to AHCI and the machine boots from DVD.

My hardware:
- GA P55A-UD4 F11
- i5 750
- Asus EN8600GT silent
- 2x 2GB RAM
- Samsung 1TB SATA (on blue port 0)
- DVD Burner SATA (on blue port 1)

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot
Thomas

MacMan said:
Did you burn iBoot to CD?
Sorry for delay.
Yes, i burned iBoot supported with Nero 8 on Windows XP in slowest mode.
Next I will try iBoot nvidia.

Regards
Thomas

blocker said:
Next I will try iBoot nvidia.

Ok, booting with iBoot nvidia is working fine, no more EBIOS errors.
So I put the SL DVD in the drive, press F5 and start Installation like Tonys howto.
The Installation failid like point 16 in howto, but after reboot (point 20) I only got a black screen.

With "-x" the GUI was started and I installed the 10.6.3 update without reboot and Multibeast 1.1.1.
I selected my GA P55A-UD4 in Gigabeast, nvenabler and the system tools, but now I get every time a black screen, with or without "-x".

I dont know how to change kexts or settings without GUI. Could someone help?

Thomas

Thank you for these videos MedicDan!
you make it look so easy, we will see how well my install goes in a week : D

Well.. have a new build Hackintosh, I get to the iBoot section and it doesn't F5 to my Snow Leopard. Any advice?

- It's a new build I7 920 w Gigabyte Mobo, 2 Gig of DDR3 mem.
- Retail copy of Snowy Leper. It does have a NEW STICKER 10.6.3 on it, would this make a difference?

Thanks!

Oh wait, does iBoot have to be burned onto a CD? I burned it onto a DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back