Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabit Z2770
CPU
Core i7
Graphics
AMD Raedeon Vega 64
Hello All,
I just completed a Kaby Lake build inside an Apple G4 cube. I plan to create a build post of my experience with if anyone is interested.

I wonder if anyone using Z270N board was able to get video out from the USB C port and if so if it was higher than 30Hz?

I'm disappointed the HDMI ports support 30hz on my LG ultra wide and 24 hz on a 4K monitor.

I ordered a type c to display port cable to see if it works and can get faster refresh. Another option may be using both HDMI ports to get 60hz? Wasn't that the way to get 4K at 60 when those monitors first came out?

Any advice is most appreciated.
Thanks,
John

Please share the build! I need pics. What temps are you running at? Were you able to fit a CPU fan?

Before buying the Z270N did you research any of the MB that had Display Port? As I understand it, that's the only way to get 4K out of a motherboard without adding a dedicated video card.

Ok I'll make a post. I could have sworn this board had display port but must have been looking at a different model on Amazon. It's really no big deal as I can't tell a difference on my monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back