Contribute
Register

Video Editing System Hackintosh Build. Advice please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
klutzo said:
Yes, only 1 HD was plugged in. What happens when I want to try a Raid 0? Is that done after OSX is installed? Kind of like upping the RAM?

Yeah, that's afterwards, but I think we should worry a bit more about before OS X is installed ;)

:D Yes, 1st things 1st. I'll work on getting OSX in and happy.

Thanks for checking in! Not yet, I just had a hardware issue.. my firewire was burnt out on the mobo, I took it in, and I bent a bunch of pins. *GUG* $250 mistake on my part.. *SIGH*.

I'll likely pop it in tonight.

klutzo said:
Thanks for checking in! Not yet, I just had a hardware issue.. my firewire was burnt out on the mobo, I took it in, and I bent a bunch of pins. *GUG* $250 mistake on my part.. *SIGH*.

I'll likely pop it in tonight.

Ouch, any chance of reparing that? Also another question, do you have an extra (older) Geforce laying around that you could try in your build? That may change things.

Edit: or maybe borrow a friend's.

Well... stuck iboot into verbose mode -V I guess, and this is where I am. At least it doesn't reboot now, but it doesn't move from this screen.

Any clues?

applepanicpicturev1.JPG

tinkerC said:
Does the Apple Symbol change during boot?

Tom

no it doesn't change

Getting closer. Popped in the 8800. Now at least I get into the snow leopard setup. However, no drives show up on the install Mac OSS. Is this the 1tb limit perhaps?

Spoke too soon. It's installing now!!! Very exciting! Can I just pop in the gtx 465 afterwards?

Ok... Summary for tonight.

465 gtx installed
6 gigs installed

Can only boot with boot cd
Can only boot wih the 465 with -x safe mode switch.

What are my next steps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back