Contribute
Register

Very Bad Final Cut Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
One last thought I'll mention. A lot of builds here are amazing but aren't fully optimized. Don't get me wrong, it's really tough to do and mine is not 100% by any means...just saying keep that in mind when spending a lot of money on expensive gear like the Vega.

For most, the challenge is just getting their systems working. Once it boots without crashing, the build stops. I hear a lot of people say 'my system works' but under the hood, there's parts missing. Very often I read about graphics cards working with a particular system but after some research, I realize Quicksync isn't on, DRM doesn't work, etc. And those features long-term are important if you intend to use your system for more than casual use.

One last thought I'll mention. A lot of builds here are amazing but aren't fully optimized. Don't get me wrong, it's really tough to do and mine is not 100% by any means...just saying keep that in mind when spending a lot of money on expensive gear like the Vega.

For most, the challenge is just getting their systems working. Once it boots without crashing, the build stops. I hear a lot of people say 'my system works' but under the hood, there's parts missing. Very often I read about graphics cards working with a particular system but after some research, I realize Quicksync isn't on, DRM doesn't work, etc. And those features long-term are important if you intend to use your system for more than casual use.

Yeah I mean I totally get that, im prepared for a battle to get this all running smoothly... just beats shelling out 6k on a Imac pro that would be more or less same spec. Ill let you know how the build goes, and no doubt ill be back with more questions. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back