Contribute
Register

Ventura on Ivy Bridge

Hi, can you share the EFI folder to install Ventura / Sonoma on the HP6300? Thanks for your effort!
your nvidia is not supported

your nvidia is not supported
Hi Feartech, thanks for your reply. Monterey works great the last two years. I used the same EFI and cán start the Ventura installation process. After reboot the installer told me that Firmware had to be updated, and installation stops. I'm sure I can use the OCLP root patches in Ventura to have the GT710 fully working. It also works on my MacPro 3,1 with Sonoma and the OCLP root patches.

Hello Asural! Yes, it is and also in Plist. But my open core version is 0.6.5 and I'm having trouble upgrading to a newer version. I can then not even start the installer anymore. Is it possible to share your HP6300 EFI? Best regards, Per.

Hello Asural! Yes, it is and also in Plist. But my open core version is 0.6.5 and I'm having trouble upgrading to a newer version. I can then not even start the installer anymore. Is it possible to share your HP6300 EFI? Best regards, Per.
Please try the attached sample using OpenCore 0.9.5.
Please refer to the basic guide for HP6300/8300 here.The attached ssdt-PM is also attached to the guide.

Set NVRAM->Add->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82->prev-lang:kbd to your preferred language

Write the following information using GenSMBIOS.

PlatformInfo->Generic->SystemProductName = Type: (iMacPro1,1)
PlatformInfo->Generic->MLB = Board Serial:
PlatformInfo->Generic->ROM = Apple ROM:
PlatformInfo->Generic->SystemSerialNumber = Serial:
PlatformInfo->Generic->SystemUUID = SmUUID:

If the installation is successful, make the following corrections and store it in the HDD/SSD EFI.
NVRAM->Add->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82->boot-args = "amfi=0x80"
NVRAM->Add->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82->csr-active-config = <03080000>

After restarting from the HDD/SSD, apply NVRAM RESET and apply OCLP after startup.

In this state, CPU-PM is not valid and requires modification for use with SMBIOS = iMac13,2.
See here for a guide after using OCLP.

Attachments

• SampleHP8300EFI.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 49
Please refer to the basic guide for HP6300/8300 here.The attached ssdt-PM is also attached to the guide.

Set NVRAM->Add->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82->prev-lang:kbd to your preferred language

If the installation is successful, make the following corrections and store it in the HDD/SSD EFI.
NVRAM->Add->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82->csr-active-config = <03080000>

After restarting from the HDD/SSD, apply NVRAM RESET and apply OCLP after startup.

In this state, CPU-PM is not valid and requires modification for use with SMBIOS = iMac13,2.
Hi Asural!

Thanks very much! I'll try this tomorrow and repot back...really appreciated.

Hi Asural,

I keep getting the message “checking media presence”… do not even get a OpenCore selection screen. I still do get it with my Monterey OC0.6.3 EFI.
Any ideas?

Hi Asural,

I keep getting the message “checking media presence”… do not even get a OpenCore selection screen. I still do get it with my Monterey OC0.6.3 EFI.
Any ideas?
I went into BIOS boot order, did nothing and ignored the changes. Now I do get to the OpenCore boot menu..I will try to install tomorrow.

Where do I put the opencanopy file to get the graphical boot menu?

Thanks for assisting me :)

Any ideas?
1. Is the HP8300 BIOS version 3.08?
2. You're trying to do a clean install from USB, right?

I dragged and dropped (without modification) my attached his EFI onto his EFI partition on the USB and it worked.

1. Is the HP8300 BIOS version 3.08?
2. You're trying to do a clean install from USB, right?

I dragged and dropped (without modification) my attached his EFI onto his EFI partition on the USB and it worked.
Hi Asural, yes, BIOS 3.08. I went into BIOS boot order, did nothing and ignored the changes. Now I do get to the USB OpenCore boot menu and I am installing. The system did the first reboot of the installation, so far so good.

Where do I put the opencanopy file to get the graphical boot menu? I have only text now...
Thanks for your assistance :)

Back