Contribute
Register

Vega 64 sleep problem (does not wake after screen dims)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying a clean installation. Still no luck... What do you guys suggest?
I have High Sierra with full acceleration, I don't understand.:rolleyes:

Did you try with the SSDT for USB, as suggested? Are you using your old EFI folder to boot?
I installed macOS Mojave 10.4.1 on another drive some days ago and without the proper SSDT for the USB I wasn't even able to boot :)

Try by using the following Clover config with the USB ports limit patch, if you still didn't create the SSDT.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 133
Did you try with the SSDT for USB, as suggested? Are you using your old EFI folder to boot?
I installed macOS Mojave 10.4.1 on another drive some days ago and without the proper SSDT for the USB I wasn't even able to boot :)

Try by using the following Clover config with the USB ports limit patch, if you still didn't create the SSDT.
Hi! I still didn't create the SSDT as suggested. I've tried the config.plist from your post and no luck, the screen still goes to sleep during Mojave installation.
For now, trying to create the SSDT seems to be the only option. I'll let you know. Thank you! :)

Hi! I still didn't create the SSDT as suggested. I've tried the config.plist from your post and no luck, the screen still goes to sleep during Mojave installation.
For now, trying to create the SSDT seems to be the only option. I'll let you know. Thank you! :)
I'm good now. Changed the SMBIOS from iMac18,3 to MacPro6,1. I hope it helps someone. Chiau!

I am having a strange issue with my Vega 64. When it goes to sleep, it will normally wake up without a problem, but occasionally it will come to a grey screen. I am using the Display port output with a HDMI adapter so I can do 4k 60 to my monitor. I attached a picture of what it looks like.

Attachments

• 2018-11-26 22.10.18.jpg
    2018-11-26 22.10.18.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 51
Hi ,

I have a configuration very similar to yours! ... the only thing is that my GA-VEGA 64 Gaming OC 8GB doesn't go out of the sleep correctly. I have two monitors, both on DP ports. One monitor is displaying something but it's barely seeable because it wakes up in a very dark dimmed mode and the main screen stays black... I have made the VegaTab_64.kext ... don't know where might be the culprit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back