Contribute
Register

Vega 64 sleep problem (does not wake after screen dims)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z270G
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
VEGA 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I own an MSI RX Vega 64
81WhcfS3L4L._SL1500_.jpg

My problem is that when the screen turns off / goes to sleep / becomes black... the Card has trouble waking up.

I would have to wait a long time for it to eventually wakeup, or turn off and on the screen in the OSX to wake it up (sort of give it a kick and hope it starts this time)

I have devised a temporary solution which is not the best, and am looking to see if anyone else has this problem.
My current workaround involvers making the top right "hot corner" to turn the screen off, that way when i mouse over to the top-right, the screen turns off, and when I move the mouse again, it turns back on... doing this a few times usually brings the computer back to life.
-or-
If the hackintosh is locked to the screen where you have to type in your password, you can simply press esc key a few times which has the same effect of turning off and on, hoping on one of those attempts the card will start showing an image.

But, doing this every single day, every time the computer goes to sleep is a pain in the but, specially when you need something done fast, and have to wait for 3 min waking up your sleeping/drunk hackintosh.

any advice would be Super!

My Kexts:
Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 21.05.19.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 21.05.36.png

* Attached Config File

p.s. anything graphic intensive usually shuts down the computer. like playing fortnight or exporting a video file.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 103
Which version of Lilu and WhatEvergreen are you using? What version of macOS are you running?

Why are you also using FakePCIID kexts? You don't need them anymore to enable the iGPU if your macOS is up to date.
You don't even need IntelGraphicsFixup because it's embedded in the latest version of WhatEvergreen, be sure that both your Lilu and WhatEvergreen are up to date.
You can also install latest version of USBInjectAll and remove the old XHCI-200-series-injector, it's no longer necessary.
Why are you using so many kexts for the Ethernet port? Just install what you need, not all of them.

I also recommend to install all the kexts in the "Other" folder.
Your FakeSMC and all the other kexts might need to be updated, too.

According to your config.plist you are also bypassing the macOS USB ports limit, which should be used only temporary. Build your own SSDT for USBInjectAll: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Hi...
Just wanted to say thank you! @Michelinu your advice really helped!
Having a mac for so long, one forgets that Updates in hackintosh is something that must be done manually.
The problem is 90% fixed as in everything works, with some slight delays, but works nonetheless!!!

So for anyone stumbling on this thread... Go ahead and update all your KEXTS to the latest version first.

UPDATE:

1. FakePCIID - removed
  2. IntelGraphicsFixup - removed
  3. WhateverGreen - Updated [Download LINK]
  4. Lilu - Updated [Download Link]
  5. updated all other KEXTS too.
    Note: Be careful updating all Kexts, for example my audio started having problems after update (reverted back to old kext)
Thanks for the advice on "Build your own SSDT for USBInjectAll" but that is a bit too complicated for me, I tired watching some videos, but no one really explains it in a simple way, so I guess for now till I get some more spare time, I'll just use what I have.

P.S. Fan on GPU still spinning at full speed until a video is opened (no need to play the video just open in a media player).

Hi...
Just wanted to say thank you! @Michelinu your advice really helped!
Having a mac for so long, one forgets that Updates in hackintosh is something that must be done manually.
The problem is 90% fixed as in everything works, with some slight delays, but works nonetheless!!!

So for anyone stumbling on this thread... Go ahead and update all your KEXTS to the latest version first.

UPDATE:

1. FakePCIID - removed
  2. IntelGraphicsFixup - removed
  3. WhateverGreen - Updated [Download LINK]
  4. Lilu - Updated [Download Link]
  5. updated all other KEXTS too.
    Note: Be careful updating all Kexts, for example my audio started having problems after update (reverted back to old kext)
Thanks for the advice on "Build your own SSDT for USBInjectAll" but that is a bit too complicated for me, I tired watching some videos, but no one really explains it in a simple way, so I guess for now till I get some more spare time, I'll just use what I have.

P.S. Fan on GPU still spinning at full speed until a video is opened (no need to play the video just open in a media player).
Hey there people!
My screen still goes to sleep during installation of the latest Mojave. I've updated all my kexts and no luck there.
Still need some input on this matter. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: The only thing I did was changing the graphics card from a GTX 1060 to this new one RX Vega 64...

Hey there people!
My screen still goes to sleep during installation of the latest Mojave. I've updated all my kexts and no luck there.
Still need some input on this matter. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: The only thing I did was changing the graphics card from a GTX 1060 to this new one RX Vega 64...

Attach your EFI folder. Are you using latest version of Clover?

Latest version yes. Here...

Remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and try the attached config.plist.
You should also build a SSDT for USBInjectAll: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
In order to fix fan(s) speed you can use one of Vega_64.kext already built or use the tool attached by @Gigamaxx to build your personal one (so you can customize clock, frequency, memory, fans etc. according to your necessities)
Also uninstall Nvidia Web Drivers

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 141
Remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and try the attached config.plist.
You should also build a SSDT for USBInjectAll: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
In order to fix fan(s) speed you can use one of Vega_64.kext already built or use the tool attached by @Gigamaxx to build your personal one (so you can customize clock, frequency, memory, fans etc. according to your necessities)
Also uninstall Nvidia Web Drivers
I'm trying a clean installation. Still no luck... What do you guys suggest?
I have High Sierra with full acceleration, I don't understand.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back