Contribute
Register

Vega 56 problem : GPU Fan change in Highspeed all the time in High Sierra 10.13.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had tried to flash Radeon Pro Vega 56’s VBIOS on RX Vega 56,but it doesn't works,boot with black screen,and I had tried to restart my display monitor,it also in black screen.

Is CSM enables or disabled in your bios?

Just a question. Are you guys using the AMD version of Vega 56 or from lets say Gigabyte?

I have a Vega FE and I don't have any fan issues. It's most likely that the vBIOS has a specific fan curve that tops at very low RPM.

Maybe there is a way to take the iMac Pro Vega 56/64 BIOS and apply it to the Vega 56 GPUs you guys have for a better fan curve?

It can't be because my GPUtach is pegged to the max -> can't be the fan curve.

I updated to 10.13.4 beta 7 (17E197a). Fan issue still persists.. if anything it feels louder now, but could just be me being sensitive..

I got final release 10.13.4 and still the same issue on my FE, fan speed constant at 70-80% not really sure what to do.

Have the same issue with my SAPPHIRE pulse Vega56. It works OOB, but with Lilu the fanspeed is not at 100%, but something like 70-80%. Playing a video in IINA Player helps at least for me. Wished apple would fixed that Problem =/

ya, sadly. I mean i am completely fine with the IINA Player workaround. Created a video with 10 hrs of blackscreen without sound and it is running everytime i started the mac hidden in the doc. I figured out that going back to iMac14,2 helped alot and i don't need LILU anymore. So basically OOB working, with that workaround which might gets fixed at some day.

Did upgrading to 10.13.5 fix the issue for anyone of you?

I used this kext to get a stable Vega 64 on my hackintosh. Fanspeed are normal now for me
The issue with that KEXT is it was designed for a Vega 64 so it causes the memory to OC way too high and crash on a 56. Does anyone know of a Vega 56 specific version of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back