Contribute
Register

Vega 56 problem : GPU Fan change in Highspeed all the time in High Sierra 10.13.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
High Sierra 10.13.1
CPU
i7 3960x
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody.

I use a vanilla configuration for the vega 56 in High Sierra 10.13.1 and I have no problem, I can make editing on Premiere Pro in 4K Video workflow. The GPU fan is quiet when you don't use the GPU.

But with the update to 10.13.2, the Vega 56 start to run in High speed very quickly at the start of the system and never use low speed on the simple desktop with no app turn on.

I think we have a problem with Vega on this update.
Somebody have a solution to solve that ?

Last edited:
This is may way:Play a video with IINA Player,and the gpu fan will change in lowspeed even if the playback is suspended

This is may way:Play a video with IINA Player,and the gpu fan will change in lowspeed even if the playback is suspended

Thank's for the trick (and me know this cool player) but it's doesnt work for me, Gpu fans stay at full speed even the playback is suspended.

Thank's for the trick (and me know this cool player) but it's doesnt work for me, Gpu fans stay at full speed even the playback is suspended.
I think it is a problem with SMBIOS setting,and someone set the SMBIOS model “imac 19,1” to slove this problem.
This problem began to appear since macOS High Sierra 10.13.2,and we just have to wait for Apple update the system,if the graphics driver update,maybe this problem will slove.

I think it is a problem with SMBIOS setting,and someone set the SMBIOS model “imac 19,1” to slove this problem.
This problem began to appear since macOS High Sierra 10.13.2,and we just have to wait for Apple update the system,if the graphics driver update,maybe this problem will slove.

Hello, Thank's !!! I'm already in SMBIOS 19,1
but this is my EFI folder from clover with all my configuration

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.8 MB · Views: 131
Hello, Thank's !!! I'm already in SMBIOS 19,1
but this is my EFI folder from clover with all my configuration
I've tried this method, but unfortunately I failed. I've seen your EFI folder,but the solution can't be found at the moment.It seems that we can only wait Apple update the system,or we can find the solution from iMac Pro.

I've tried this method, but unfortunately I failed. I've seen your EFI folder,but the solution can't be found at the moment.It seems that we can only wait Apple update the system,or we can find the solution from iMac Pro.

All right thank's for your help, we wainting for the iMac Pro ;)

But with the update to 10.13.2, the Vega 56 start to run in High speed very quickly at the start of the system and never use low speed on the simple desktop with no app turn on.

I think we have a problem with Vega on this update.
Somebody have a solution to solve that ?
This is a problem also with Mac Pro's using Vega's. Guess we'll have to wait for 10.13.3.

This is a problem also with Mac Pro's using Vega's. Guess we'll have to wait for 10.13.3.

Realy ? alright
I try with whatevergreen.kext on it, with change name to see.
I hope 10.13.3 correct this.

Last edited:
Bad news,if you use amd graphics driver from bootcamp driver in Windows,the fan also in high speed like it in macOS 10.13.2
It seems that the apple is doing this on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back