Contribute
Register

Vega 56 problem : GPU Fan change in Highspeed all the time in High Sierra 10.13.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've opened a bugreport for this a long time ago. According to apple engineers the fix should come with 10.13.4
Good Job!

Anybody know if the latest 10.13.4 beta (came out yesterday I think) fixes the Vega fan speed issue?

I updated this weekend to the latest beta, the fan issue still persists. I haven't been able to quiet the fans down - lots of reports about playing a video in the background but nothing seems to be working for me. I'll keep updating through out the betas and cross my fingers that a solution will come around soon. Otherwise I'm considering if I should downgrade or just switch to a GTX1070..

Just updated to 10.13.4 Beta (17E160e), still 100% GPU Fan speed (Vega 56)

Can you guys share your BruceX results for Vega 56?

Just tested mine (see my profile for specs), on 13.14.4 Beta 4, FCP 10.4. Clocked in at 16.76 secs

Just an update on the Apple Bugreport. They still have no clue what causes it *rolleyes*. So I guess the fix for 10.13.4 won't be on track...

Just a question. Are you guys using the AMD version of Vega 56 or from lets say Gigabyte?

I have a Vega FE and I don't have any fan issues. It's most likely that the vBIOS has a specific fan curve that tops at very low RPM.

Maybe there is a way to take the iMac Pro Vega 56/64 BIOS and apply it to the Vega 56 GPUs you guys have for a better fan curve?

Just a question. Are you guys using the AMD version of Vega 56 or from lets say Gigabyte?

I have a Vega FE and I don't have any fan issues. It's most likely that the vBIOS has a specific fan curve that tops at very low RPM.

Maybe there is a way to take the iMac Pro Vega 56/64 BIOS and apply it to the Vega 56 GPUs you guys have for a better fan curve?
I had tried to flash Radeon Pro Vega 56’s VBIOS on RX Vega 56,but it doesn't works,boot with black screen,and I had tried to restart my display monitor,it also in black screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back