Contribute
Register

v310's First Build: Core i7-3770K - GA-Z77N-WIFI - 16GB RAM - GTX 660Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
V310,

How did you get the HDMI to work?

I did follow the instructions on this thread, however I was running 10.8.2. I'm not sure if it's still working on 10.8.3. I had to reinstall everything from scratch and I did a non DSDT installation this time.

I checked that and I am using the white Sata for my two SSD drives and I am using the Black Sata for my Spinning 1TB HD and my BluRay player.

I am also noticing that my BluRay player seems to come on randomly, is anyone else having an issue with this?

FYI ... I was facing a strange issue with my bluray player (pioneer bdr-208M / bdr-2208). I've noticed that if I push the eject button from the drive itself, the drive disappears from "System Information / Serial-ATA Devices" and I have to reboot the machine to make it work again. If I push the eject button on keyboard, it work properly :)

Awesome build! I have an identical setup. I was wondering though, when I change the BIOS settings to overclock, I keep getting a crash error and it makes me go back to default BIOS settings, am I missing a step? I have same motherboard, processor, RAM, HD, and a GTX 670. Thanks.

Like v310, I am running the processor on my rig at 4.4. Follow his instructions.

I had trouble with overclocking my memory. Ended up overclocking a little slower and everything is stable.

Like v310, I am running the processor on my rig at 4.4. Follow his instructions.

I had trouble with overclocking my memory. Ended up overclocking a little slower and everything is stable.

Cool, I'll try it out, thanks.

I upgraded MultiBeast to 5.3. Used the same selection as post #1 and all is well. Ran the speed test and things are a tiny bit slower. Could be nothing.

Noticed a new customization called SSDT that looks like it could apply to us. It has to do with our processors. (sandy bridge cores) Has anyone ever tried them? I never noticed them before.

The MultiBeast SSDTs are for Sandy Bridge processors, not Ivy Bridge systems like your i7-3770K processor. There are threads in the Installation > SSDT forum section that go into a whole lot more detail.

From page 9 of the MultiBeast Features document which comes with the MultiBeast zip file:
Optimized versions of Sandy Bridge Core i CPU specific SSDTs. Each CPU type supports a specific maximum Turbo Boot clock rate. Installs SSDT.aml in /Extra.

If you have a Sandy Bridge system, which you have not listed in your Profile signature block, then, yes, the SSDTs for the Sandy Bridge i5/i7 processors in MultiBeast will work. But, they won't work with Ivy Bridge processors.

However, some more knowledgeable individuals are testing SSDTs for Ivy Bridge. See the following references if you're masochistic. :lol:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/86906-ssdt-generation-script-ivybridge-pm-8.html#post548642
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tive-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-power-management.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back