Contribute
Register

v310's First Build: Core i7-3770K - GA-Z77N-WIFI - 16GB RAM - GTX 660Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Stork for keeping us from making dumb mistakes. Do you still suggest staying on 3,1 for Ivy Bridge?

I recommend sticking with the default SysDef MacPro3,1 unless something isn't working. Then, I would try the MacMini6 series (6,1 for the i5 processor and 6,2 for the i7 processor) to see if your problem is corrected. Changing the SysDef for slightly better benchmark scores is more bother than its worth.

Thanks Stork.

Thanks for the information :thumbup:
I'll try as soon as I get home.

xelanaiznac,
Thanks again! After turning off the internal graphics my hackintosh is up and running again :headbang:

I reinstalled 10.8.2 from scratch and then updated to 10.8.3 with combo. Everything went fine this time.

Changed to 5,1 definition with proc/memory OC @ 4.4 and 1867Mhz, had a little increase on benchmark scores after installing 10.8.3

Screen Shot 2013-03-16 at 2.46.36 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-03-16 at 2.46.51 AM.png

I recommend sticking with the default SysDef MacPro3,1 unless something isn't working. Then, I would try the MacMini6 series (6,1 for the i5 processor and 6,2 for the i7 processor) to see if your problem is corrected. Changing the SysDef for slightly better benchmark scores is more bother than its worth.

There is no 6,2 option in Mac mini. Only 6,1 and 5,1

Confirmed 10.8.3 combo works on my Z77N 3570K with GTX 660.
Sleep not working as I'm using DSDT for HDMI audio.
Spent the whole afternoon fiddled around with multiple roll back to previous clone.
Finally disable internal graphic in BIOS to load 10.8.3.:clap:
Upgrade to Nvida CUDA driver 5 and everything looks good.
Cut boot up time for at least 15 to 20 seconds.
Benchmark roughly the same.

finally solved.
the key was macmini 6,2 system definition! (put it with chameleon wizard)

bios settings:
init display first: peg
internal gpu: enabled (so i have airplay mirroring)
internal gpu memory: 32 mb (and efi string pu in org.chameleon.boot.plist)

thank you stork

edit:
now the only issue to solve is the dictation!

Chameleon Wizard is available in the tonymacx86 Downloads > Software > Community Software.

some benchmarks:

macmini 6,2 (airplay working)

cinebench:
opengl 35,66
cpu 6,25

geekbench 13366

Mac Pro 3,1 (airplay not working obviously)

cinebench:
opengl 44.66
cpu 7.68

geekbench: 14632

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back