Graphics
evga GeForce GTX 550Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I was just wondering before I begin my hackintosh build, after osx lion is finally installed and everything is ready to go, when an update of osx is released (ex. say im running 10.7.1 and software update tells me that an update for 10.7.2 is avalible) can i just go to software update and click ok to preform the auto update? Im new to osx86 so im sorry if this is a stupid question but i wasnt able to find an answer anywhere else.

tomtom96135 said:
I was just wondering before I begin my hackintosh build, after osx lion is finally installed and everything is ready to go, when an update of osx is released (ex. say im running 10.7.1 and software update tells me that an update for 10.7.2 is avalible) can i just go to software update and click ok to preform the auto update? Im new to osx86 so im sorry if this is a stupid question but i wasnt able to find an answer anywhere else.
Of course you can, but the better way is, you wait until we have tested it. At the Forum you'll find an Update Thread if a new Update is available.

For example -> viewforum.php?f=169

Don't rush to update, wait a week or so & see if Hackintoshers are having any issues.

You should use Carbon Copy to create a bootable back up as a standard practice & especially prior to installing updates.

lump said:
Don't rush to update, wait a week or so & see if Hackintoshers are having any issues.

You should use Carbon Copy to create a bootable back up as a standard practice & especially prior to installing updates.
:thumbup:
Of data where no Backup exists, must be regarded as deleted!

thanks a lot guys, i know some about hackintosh's but i wanted to be sure just in case it might be bad to do that, and i ruin my hackintosh...so thanks :D

Hello is it safe to update using mac software update? I have attached an image, the security and java update interest me the most.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-01-16 at 10.56.42 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-01-16 at 10.56.42 PM.png
    101.2 KB · Views: 740
zver333 said:
Hello is it safe to update using mac software update? I have attached an image, the security and java update interest me the most.

Everything in Software Update is usually ok to install besides Major point updates- install away. :thumbup:

That is what I would like to do too! How do you correctly setup a bootable backup using Carbon Copy or Superduper? I have an old 80 gb drive which I would like to use as a backup drive only so if sh!t hits the fan I can boot from the backup drive.

Once the back up has been created how do I use it? Superduper outputed a 50gb .dmg which i have no idea what to do with.

Security update 2011-06
Java for Mac OS 10.6 update 6

All updates went trough successfully and the only thing i did do before reset is update permissions (which might not be necessary).

Sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

I have an 80gb sata drive to play with, will try lion on it and see it works better than SL. So far its been really good except for no usb 3.0 and 50/50 chance the keyboard doesnt come on after sleep. It has occasionally frozen after multiple wake from sleep in which case a hard reset is required. It will be interesting to see if Lion behaves in the same way.

If you know any solutions to the sleep/usb3.0 problem let me know.

PS. Is there a way to turn of mouse acceleration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back