Contribute
Register

Using The Software Update Function

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed with 10.7.2, so have not had to upgrade the OS yet, but I have used software update for other software, and have always had a kernel panic on the first reboot, and then everything works fine. I'll try repairing permissions first before rebooting, and see if that helps.

What this thread does have me wondering is whether my current solution of using time machine to backup the main booting SSD to the media 2TB HD will save me if the SSD goes tits up. Anyone know if I will be able to restore from this?

David

Orangezorki said:
What this thread does have me wondering is whether my current solution of using time machine to backup the main booting SSD to the media 2TB HD will save me if the SSD goes tits up. Anyone know if I will be able to restore from this?

David
That should work after a fresh installation, but it isn't optimal at all. I use Carbon Copy Cloner with an USB HDD. If **** happens, i'm booting from the Clone, playing back the Clone to my OSX Drive and make it bootable again using the Chimera Standalone Installer.

Orangezorki said:
I installed with 10.7.2, so have not had to upgrade the OS yet, but I have used software update for other software, and have always had a kernel panic on the first reboot, and then everything works fine. I'll try repairing permissions first before rebooting, and see if that helps.

David

David, I've got the same thing going on. Any luck with repairing permissions and not getting a KP?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back