Contribute
Register

Using open core legacy patcher for making intel hd 520 work natively on Ventura

Motherboard
acidanthera > Need model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i5-6300U
Graphics
Intel HD 520
Hello guys. I have a laptop with Monterey running and almost everything works but Iam planning to upgrade to Ventura which dropped support for my igpu. Ik spoofing is an option but as per reports and some research spoofing isn’t efficient as the performance is slow so I wanted to get native graphics acceleration on Ventura using oclp. I found a guide but it is not very detailed. https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/11_Graphics/iGPU/Skylake_Spoofing_macOS13 This is the guide Iam reading. I am confused about one thing if anyone can explain. In the edit config section the first part which is booter/patch it says to add the patch(a piece of code u need to add when you click on skip board id check) from oclp to my config but I didn’t see any option to add the patch in proper tree so I downloaded opencore auxillary tools. There is an option of “patch” when I click on booter but how exactly do I add the code to skip board id check from oclp? This is my first time using Ocat so Iam not familiar with its interface. If anyone can please explain this small step I would be grateful. Iam not even sure if Iam using the correct plist editor so if anyone can tell me which one to use for this guide I would be very greatful.

Attachments

• IMG_0591.jpeg
    IMG_0591.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0589.jpeg
    IMG_0589.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
Hello guys. I have a laptop with Monterey running and almost everything works but Iam planning to upgrade to Ventura which dropped support for my igpu. Ik spoofing is an option but as per reports and some research spoofing isn’t efficient as the performance is slow so I wanted to get native graphics acceleration on Ventura using oclp. I found a guide but it is not very detailed. https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/11_Graphics/iGPU/Skylake_Spoofing_macOS13 This is the guide Iam reading. I am confused about one thing if anyone can explain. In the edit config section the first part which is booter/patch it says to add the patch(a piece of code u need to add when you click on skip board id check) from oclp to my config but I didn’t see any option to add the patch in proper tree so I downloaded opencore auxillary tools. There is an option of “patch” when I click on booter but how exactly do I add the code to skip board id check from oclp? This is my first time using Ocat so Iam not familiar with its interface. If anyone can please explain this small step I would be grateful. Iam not even sure if Iam using the correct plist editor so if anyone can tell me which one to use for this guide I would be very greatful.
I just used MacBookPro14,1 to spoof my skylake system

and used:

Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>#AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal@0,2,0</string>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                AAAWWQ==
                </data>
                <key>device-id</key>