Graphics
GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a 24 inch iMac from 2009. There were persistent problems with it's logic board ever since I bought it. Recently it gave up completely and the machine goes into a restart loop whenever I turn it on. I was wondering if I could some how make a basic low cost hack using the same body and screen. Or maybe even turn it into an android pc using a raspberry pi. I know it sounds like a lot of work and maybe such a thing wouldn't be possible at all. Just wanted to know if it could be done somehow. The machine looks so beautiful sitting on my table and I don't want to discard it, but currently it isn't adding any value to my setup either. I considered getting a replacement for the logic board but I could buy a high end ASUS mobo with thunderbolt for the same cost. Damn you apple!

As this iMac looks kinda old, you could try to fit a small pc, like a Mac Mini, or an intel NUC for hackintosh. Dunno much :crazy:

the g5 iMacs have been done several times and one build is exceptional...search forum...
I have not seen one like yours here...
Using the screen and original switches would be tricky...
There is plenty of room in the case to do what you want to do...
Not for amateurs or casual builders....
One thing that came up with G5 is Apple LVDS does not math the out puts on small boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back