Contribute
Register

Use HD3000 and separate video card for dual display?

Status
Not open for further replies.
toleda said:
mmaenpaa said:
These edits : viewtopic.php?f=162&t=32327, I run my system as iMac12,2.
I stand corrected. Thanks for solving the problem and sharing. By the way, install this AppleHDA.kext http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=45413, set dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x85 0x01 0x00 0x00 and reboot to HDMI audio on both displays as well as 889 onboard audio.
Screen Shot 2012-02-16 at 10.32.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2012-02-16 at 10.30.57 AM.png

How about a MOBO that doesn't have a dsdt? I can extract one but there is no HDEF section to edit. Can it just be added somewhere in the tree?

corbywan said:
How about a MOBO that doesn't have a dsdt? I can extract one but there is no HDEF section to edit. Can it just be added somewhere in the tree?

You don't need HDEF section for HD3000 display, you just need edits for IGPU device. And you do have HDEF in your dsdt, it's just named as AZAL in stock Gigabyte dsdt's.

mmaenpaa said:
corbywan said:

You don't need HDEF section for HD3000 display, you just need edits for IGPU device. And you do have HDEF in your dsdt, it's just named as AZAL in stock Gigabyte dsdt's.

How about for an Intel board which is what I happened to be working with at the moment?

corbywan said:
How about for an Intel board which is what I happened to be working with at the moment?

Intel boards are not familiar to me, you should probably start a new thread about that with matching title so that people with Intel experience will see your question.

Sorry for digging this up but what exactly was edited to get the graphics card output and hd3000 output working at the same time. I saw that link but its mostly related to HDMI audio from what I saw.

I'm not bothered about HDMI audio, I just want to be able to use both my card and 1 output from the board. Currently I'm using my VGA out from my Z68 board but the DVI out from my hd4890 is not outputting anyy image even though its recognised.

Any tips please, cheers.

I started a thread here about this:
viewtopic.php?f=169&t=56168

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back