Contribute
Register

USB2.0 UVC HD Webcam NOT WORKING

Status
Not open for further replies.
:O i solved it!!! :D

I reinstalled my mac("asus"), whit clover-uefi al bootloader, and it worked :D, so for everyone.!!! use clover!!!!!!!!! :D

I'd venture a guess that most of us here that can use Clover are using it...

I'm curious though... please post your config.plist.

hi rehabman, i also have usb2 uvc vga webcam. it is not being detected. everything else works fine(sleep, usb2&3 ports).

i found out that it is a DSDT issue. I have another copy of DSDT in which "webcam works" using same set of kexts but it has sleep (instant wakeup due to EHC2) and sound problem (no sound).

I just can't figure out what is making the second DSDT detect webcam.

I am posting both sets of DSDT. I would be glad if you please figure it out for me so that I can apply the same changes in my first DSDT to make webcam work.

Attachments

• no webcam DSDT.zip
    35.3 KB · Views: 161
  • working webcam DSDT.zip
    37 KB · Views: 312
hi rehabman, i also have usb2 uvc vga webcam. it is not being detected. everything else works fine(sleep, usb2&3 ports).

i found out that it is a DSDT issue. I have another copy of DSDT in which "webcam works" using same set of kexts but it has sleep (instant wakeup due to EHC2) and sound problem (no sound).

I just can't figure out what is making the second DSDT detect webcam.

I am posting both sets of DSDT. I would be glad if you please figure it out for me so that I can apply the same changes in my first DSDT to make webcam work.

These DSDTs appear to be from different computers or from the same computer with different BIOS settings, different hardware configuration. The SystemMemory addresses don't match.

Proper ACPI patching: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

These DSDTs appear to be from different computers or from the same computer with different BIOS settings, different hardware configuration. The SystemMemory addresses don't match.

Proper ACPI patching: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

everything works except detection of usb2 uvc vga webcam. also usb2 is working fine. so it would be easier if i just change something in the same dsdt to make webcam detect.

everything works except detection of usb2 uvc vga webcam. also usb2 is working fine. so it would be easier if i just change something in the same dsdt to make webcam detect.

You need to patch DSDT correctly. Read/follow the guide carefully.

Using a DSDT that is not in sync with native DSDT is a very bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back