Contribute
Register

USB Sound Cards instead of onboard sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would explain a lot wouldn't it ?

How is it that GIGABYTE states its 889a?

They got it wrong ?

Okay..

Changed my DSDT info to match my P55A board.

My DSDT now has PIN CONFIG for 889 not the 889a

Used LEGACYHDA attached to this reply.
Which was found here
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941
and then here
For GA-P55A, ALC889: please go to Post #677 by WintonAce for more info and LegacyHDA.kext
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941&st=660&p=1396674&#entry1396674

Havent tested front audio yet.

But now have INTERNAL SPEAKERS listed as an OUTPUT option in SYSTEM PREFERENCES -AUDIO

Will test tonight after work to see if front AUDIO has been taken care of.
See below for screen shot

All this while using stock APPLEHDA from 10.6.2 COMBO UPDATE

Attachments

• PREFERENCES - AUDIO - OUTPUT OPTIONS.png
    PREFERENCES - AUDIO - OUTPUT OPTIONS.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 205
If it's working properly, the internal speakers will automatically turn into headphones when you plug them in.

You're getting better than me at this, as I'm having no luck at the moment and now I'm getting some AppleHDA error at boot :rolleyes:

Will try that tonight with the headphones thing.

Was so excited this morning didnt even look at the OUTPUT section of SYSTEM PREFERENCES AUDIO.

My SYSTEM PROFILER - AUDIO (IN-BUILT) info lists alot more inputs that are at this point not shown in SYSTEM PREFERENCES - AUDIO - OUTPUT/INPUT

So may try throwing HDAEnabler into the mix and see what that brings up.

Only non Vanilla kext in /SYSTEM/LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS is the LEGACYHDA from above.

Using GFX String in com.apple.boot.plist for GTS250 so no need for NVEnabler 64.kext.

Hope the info above helps

Okay after speaking to Tony and informing him of what you told me about the difference between the P55 & P55A UD6's, I've come to the conclusion that this whole time I have been using the wrong DSDT.

The bootcd I rolled myself had a DSDT from the P55-UD6 not the P55A-UD6.

So its amazing I got anything working at all.

Got to go home tonight after work and replace my current DSDT with the correct 1 (P55A-UD6 BIOS F7), obviously have to edit the correct one with SPEED STEP and make sure it has the correct Realtek 889 in HDEF but I'm sure Tony would have edited the HDEF section already, still going to check though :)

Thanks for all your help 'thelostswede'.

First Hackintosh, 1 week in, learnt so much!

Yeah well, the major parts of the boards are the same, but it seems the difference isn't just USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbps, it's also the audio chip, which was a bit unexpected...

Let me know how you get on, as now I'm getting some kind of AppleHDA.kext errors on boot as I said, but haven't started tinkering yet today...

Ok, the voodoohda.kext gives me sound, but the main output is listed as unknown with the headphone socket being listed as headphone.
I can't seem to get the AppleHDA.kext working though, despite it seeing the codec as the 889... :confused:

Finally, no idea what I did differently, but I got it work :mrgreen: :thumbup:
Talk about hassle though, but it's all the way it should be, the headphone socket auto switches and all, but the front Mic jack doesn't seem to be working.

Managed to update to the right DSDT after entering in SPEED STEP info.

Updated my version of CHAMELEON to AsereBLN 1.1.8, added theme folder to /EXTRA & finally added tony's smbios.plist info to mine. Over writing what was there.

Memory reads at 1366 not 1333 but i think thats just cosmetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back