Contribute
Register

USB ports not working anymore (mounting drives,mouse, external soundcard)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i did a fresh install some hours ago, got mavericks to boot without usb and system didn't show any usb mounted. i booted from usb, system showed usb device working. installed the usb kext, uninstalled it and then i'm stuck at this. what do you mean with stock kext?

i did a fresh install some hours ago, got mavericks to boot without usb and system didn't show any usb mounted. i booted from usb, system showed usb device working. installed the usb kext, uninstalled it and then i'm stuck at this. what do you mean with stock kext?

By "stock kexts" I mean are you using the USB kexts that came with Mavericks unmodified?

What file format is the file system on the USB devices you are trying? Be aware that Windows formats don't work in safe mode.

Check system.log for errors related to USB (EHC).

i posted my ioreg.. anyway i didn't use any stock kext, didn't modify anything in the extension folder, except installing kexts from multibeast, ps2voodoo kext, and realtek8111 kext.

Attachments

• PJ’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
i posted my ioreg.. anyway i didn't use any stock kext, didn't modify anything in the extension folder, except installing kexts from multibeast, ps2voodoo kext, and realtek8111 kext.

Could be DSDT issue... Your DSDT lacks a lot of typical patches.

Likely candidates from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Fix PNOT/PPNT"
"Add IMEI"
"6-series USB"

Bless you sir! Thank you..