Contribute
Register

USB ports not working anymore (mounting drives,mouse, external soundcard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJE

Motherboard
HP Pavilion dv6-6c65sl
CPU
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7-2670QM - Chipset Intel HM65
Graphics
Intel HD 3000/ AMD Radeon HD 7470M (Disabled) - 1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Good morning, I successfully installed Mavericks on my laptop some days ago. My 4 USB ports (2.0) were working fine ecc.. but suddenly they stopped working, not recognizing usb flash drives, my external sound card, and mouse. (the connected devices received power, i.e .the mouse lights turned on) I tried reinstalling OSX to fix this but this time usb ports don't work from the fresh start. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Good morning, I successfully installed Mavericks on my laptop some days ago. My 4 USB ports (2.0) were working fine ecc.. but suddenly they stopped working, not recognizing usb flash drives, my external sound card, and mouse. (the connected devices received power, i.e .the mouse lights turned on) I tried reinstalling OSX to fix this but this time usb ports don't work from the fresh start. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Check system.log for related errors during boot.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

ioreg

Attachments

• My MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.4 MB · Views: 113

Check system.log. ioreg shows USB2 working at EHC2, but not at EHC1 (may be normal). Your camera, for example, is in EHC2.

I reinstalled everything fine and I noticed USB ports work if i boot from installer key, but booting from the hard drive, they won't work. What should I do? Thanks in advance :)

I reinstalled everything fine and I noticed USB ports work if i boot from installer key, but booting from the hard drive, they won't work. What should I do? Thanks in advance :)

Maybe due to GenericUSBXHCI on the USB. Does your laptop have USB3? Try installing GenericUSBHXCI.kext.

unfortunately it doesn't work. (i've got four 2.0 ports)

unfortunately it doesn't work. (i've got four 2.0 ports)

You should probably look at what you have on your USB in /Extra/Extensions and see if that gives you any clues.

now usb ports won't mount even in usb boot. what happens? i installed GenericUSBHXCI.kext only, then uninstalled it

now usb ports won't mount even in usb boot. what happens? i installed GenericUSBHXCI.kext only, then uninstalled it

Then it was probably unrelated to the contents of the USB. Installing/removing GenericUSBXHCI will have an effect of rebuilding kernel cache. Perhaps you had a situation where your kernel cache was out-of-date and re-installing a kext forced it to rebuild.

Are you running stock USB kexts?

Have you tried a fresh install yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back