CPU
i7 9700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
just installed a usb / cardreader panel: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07V33Z7LT/?tag=tonymacx8603-21
3x usb 3.0, 1x usb type c, card reader via usb2 hub, 1x e-sata .

usb 3 is connected via 20pin cable to mainboard (appearing on hs08), but only the first usb port is working, at ss07 with 5gbps and hs07 for usb2.

Card reader is working, not showing up in hackintool usb ports though.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-01 um 19.59.53.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-01 um 19.59.53.png
    185.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
It probably identifies as the USB2 hub, my old USB2 card reader shows up as a USB hub, see the Hackintool USB tab screenshot below (I added the comments when undertaking the USB config discovery):

Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 23.41.02.png

How were you expecting your card reader to be shown?

Also you have 19 USB ports active (highlighted green) have you created a USBPorts.kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml for your system? If yes, you need to reduce the number of active USB ports to a maximum of 15 ports. I have assumed the unhighlighted ports (7 No with White backgrounds) are not active.

It probably identifies as the USB2 hub, my old USB2 card reader shows up as a USB hub, see the Hackintool USB tab screenshot below (I added the comments when undertaking the USB config discovery):

View attachment 494229

How were you expecting your card reader to be shown?

Also you have 19 USB ports active (highlighted green) have you created a USBPorts.kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml for your system? If yes, you need to reduce the number of active USB ports to a maximum of 15 ports. I have assumed the unhighlighted ports (7 No with White backgrounds) are not active.
I mapped all the usb ports. Then made a USBPorts.kext where i deleted all back panel usbs for testing the front/remaining usb ports, which left me with some 10 ports in the USBPorts.kext. But no succes, also with that setup, i could make only the first in the multipanel work.

All the ports shown in the Hackintool screenshot in Post #1 are identified as USB3 ports, some will be Internal USB2 served by the motherboard's USB header ports.

While the virtual USB2 ports attached to a physical USB3 port should be identified as USB3. The Internal Header ports and any USB2 ports on the rear I/O plate should be identified as USB2 or Internal.

Incorrect identification of a USB port can sometimes mean they don't work, or not as expected.

Post a copy of your USBPorts.kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml so we can see what you are using.

All the ports shown in the Hackintool screenshot in Post #1 are identified as USB3 ports, some will be Internal USB2 served by the motherboard's USB header ports.

While the virtual USB2 ports attached to a physical USB3 port should be identified as USB3. The Internal Header ports and any USB2 ports on the rear I/O plate should be identified as USB2 or Internal.

Incorrect identification of a USB port can sometimes mean they don't work, or not as expected.

Post a copy of your USBPorts.kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml so we can see what you are using.
Thanks. Here's the USBPorts.kext.

I couldn't find the keyboard, which is connected to back Panel top USB2, and the two additional USB3.0 and 3.1-C ports on the multipanel.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-08 um 16.06.45.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-08 um 16.06.45.png
    240.8 KB · Views: 44
  • USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Thanks. Here's the USBPorts.kext.

I couldn't find the keyboard, which is connected to back Panel top USB2, and the two additional USB3.0 and 3.1-C ports on the multipanel.
don't forget to trim down to 15 ports

OK, I have amended your USBPorts.kext so it only has 15 USB ports. The ports shown in the screenshot below:

Screenshot 2020-11-08 at 19.48.40.png

The Screenshot is from Xcode showing the ports activated in the info.plist for the revised USBPorts.kext attached.

I changed/revised the kext as follow:
  • I removed these unused Ports: HS04, HS05, USR1, USR2, SS05, SS06 and SS08.
  • I removed these USB2 Ports: HS01, HS02, HS09 and HS10, so you only have 15 ports active, to fit within Apple's USB port limit.
  • Changed port connector type: USB connector '3' to USB Connector '255' (Internal) for ports HS06, HS08, HS11 and HS12.
  • Changed port connector type for port HS14 from USB connector '3' to USB Connector '0' (USB2)
Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-08 um 16.06.45.png

Just for clarity, the ports with RED line drawn through them have been removed from the kext.

Give the revised USBPorts.kext attached a try in place of your current kext, see what difference this makes. Make sure you have removed the Raise USB port Limit patches from your config.plist and also removed USBInjectAll.kext from your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

If you find you need one of the USB2 ports (HS01, HS02, HS09 and HS10) we can add it back in and remove one of the rear I/O back plate USB3 ports instead. Otherwise just move any USB device connections to the active ports.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 29
Wow, Thank you!
Your Kext seems to work. I can access all the usbs on the multi panel now, showing up in finder but not in hackintool though.
I disabled com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily and com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI.

With the usb 3.1 Type-C I get only gen1 speed (5Gbps), as its not connected to the gen2 connector, which i didnt think of before. Would 10Gbps speed work with 20-1 pin to gen2 (u31g2_c5) adapter?

Hackintool still showing the old usb ports, the newly working ones are not showing any devices once plugged.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-09 um 09.11.30.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-09 um 09.11.30.png
    181 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
When you say not showing up in Hackintool, you mean the USB drive or memory card you are connecting through the multi-panel is not showing up, yes? This is normal behaviour when using a multi-panel component.

The port the multi-panel is connected to is showing as active in Hackintool, yes?

If you look in About this Mac > System Report > USB tab, do all the USB drives and memory cards show correctly?

Screenshot 2020-11-09 at 10.53.25.png System Information > USB tab showing hubs and ports etc.

Are they mounted on your Desktop when inserted? Do you have the show hard drives option selected in Finder > Preferences?

Screenshot 2020-11-09 at 10.53.46.png Finder > Preferences > General tab, select Show 'Hard Disks'. This will ensure the USB drives and memory cards show on your desktop when inserted.

No idea about the adapter, sorry.

Yes, they're all mounted in desktop and accesible. I just wondered why Hackintool is not shownig them when mounted.
Thanks again, i'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back