CPU
Intel Core i7-8700
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So, I just mapped my USB to fix my shutdown/reboot issue using the guide from (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/#macos-and-the-15-port-limit). It did fix the issue, but now, I encountered a new issue. My USB ports, will shut themself if I use my audio interface as the default audio output. When I replugged all the USB devices, they won't turn on, like keyboard, mouse, webcam, audio interface, and every other USB devices. I tried several fixes, but I still have the USB issue.

What I've tried:
-Map the USB to type 3
-Map the USB to type 0
-Use SSDT-USB.aml
-Disable my external GPU because it isn't supported
-Unplug my Corsair AIO, according to the website that I gave you above Corsair water coolers with USB addressable control can prevent the machine from sleeping correctly

I've attached my config.plist and USBMap.kext

Please note that I've turned on the XHCI mode on and disabled the Super IO in the BIOS

Here's my system configuration:
-Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master (BIOS ver. F9)
-Intel Core i7-8700
-2x16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 MHz
-Intel UHD 630
-macOS Big Sur 11.6 installed on SATA SSD with OpenCore

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Update: Problem Solved! Solved it by using the correct USBMap for the motherboard

Attachments

• config.plist
    49.4 KB · Views: 48
  • USBMap.kext.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
So, I just mapped my USB to fix my shutdown/reboot issue using the guide from (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/#macos-and-the-15-port-limit). It did fix the issue, but now, I encountered a new issue. My USB ports, will shut themself if I use my audio interface as the default audio output. When I replugged all the USB devices, they won't turn on, like keyboard, mouse, webcam, audio interface, and every other USB devices. I tried several fixes, but I still have the USB issue.

What I've tried:
-Map the USB to type 3
-Map the USB to type 0
-Use SSDT-USB.aml
-Disable my external GPU because it isn't supported
-Unplug my Corsair AIO, according to the website that I gave you above Corsair water coolers with USB addressable control can prevent the machine from sleeping correctly

I've attached my config.plist and USBMap.kext

Please note that I've turned on the XHCI mode on and disabled the Super IO in the BIOS

Here's my system configuration:
-Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master (BIOS ver. F9)
-Intel Core i7-8700
-2x16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 MHz
-Intel UHD 630
-macOS Big Sur 11.6 installed on SATA SSD with OpenCore

Any thoughts? Thanks!
XhciPortLimit needs to be disabled after you have created your usbports.kext

Ahh, I see, I didn't turn it off. I'll give it a try right away. I'll post the result after I tested it. Thanks btw.

I've tried to disable the XhciPortLimit and unfortunately it didn't fix the issue.

Your USBMap.kext is trying to inject 16 USB2 ports and 10 USB3 ports. The limit on any one USB controller is 15 ports in total.

Only the first 15 ports would be activated from your USBMap.kext, so none of the USB3 ports would work in your system.

I would also question the use of the '#' tag, which has been added to the port number in the USBMap.kext. As far as I am aware the HashTag/Number symbol is usually used to disable an entry in a plist.

Screenshot 2021-10-11 at 14.24.19.png Screenshot 2021-10-11 at 14.25.30.png

Screenshots above show the contents of the USBMap.kext, they were taken with info.plist viewed in ProperTree.

You need to go back to basics and start again with the USB port discovery. Decide which 11/26 ports you don't use in macOS. Then look to make sure you have a maximum of 15 ports remaining that you want to activate in macOS.

You also need to make sure you have the correct USB connector type allocated to each port. Your motherboard has 1 x USB Type-C port on the rear I/O plate, and a front case type-C header, so there should be at least two USB Type-C ports listed in your USBMap.kext with the USB connector type '9' or '10'. There are 4 x USB2 (black) ports on the rear I/O plate, so there should be 4 ports with the Connector Type '0'. There isn't, so I would assume that a number of the ports are incorrectly set.

The incorrect Connector types and too many USB ports is why the USBMap.kext configuration failed to work.

Your motherboard has the following USB connections:
  1. 1 x USB Type-C™ port with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support, available through the internal USB header
  2. 1 x USB Type-C™ port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
  3. 3 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red) on the back panel
  4. 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
Chipset+USB 2.0 Hub:
  1. 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)

I would recommend you have a read and follow UtterDisbelief's guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

Your USBMap.kext is trying to inject 16 USB2 ports and 10 USB3 ports. The limit on any one USB controller is 15 ports in total.

Only the first 15 ports would be activated from your USBMap.kext, so none of the USB3 ports would work in your system.

I would also question the use of the '#' tag, which has been added to the port number in the USBMap.kext. As far as I am aware the HashTag/Number symbol is usually used to disable an entry in a plist.

View attachment 530620 View attachment 530621

Screenshots above show the contents of the USBMap.kext, they were taken with info.plist viewed in ProperTree.

You need to go back to basics and start again with the USB port discovery. Decide which 11/26 ports you don't use in macOS. Then look to make sure you have a maximum of 15 ports remaining that you want to activate in macOS.

You also need to make sure you have the correct USB connector type allocated to each port. Your motherboard has 1 x USB Type-C port on the rear I/O plate, and a front case type-C header, so there should be at least two USB Type-C ports listed in your USBMap.kext with the USB connector type '9' or '10'. There are 4 x USB2 (black) ports on the rear I/O plate, so there should be 4 ports with the Connector Type '0'. There isn't, so I would assume that a number of the ports are incorrectly set.

The incorrect Connector types and too many USB ports is why the USBMap.kext configuration failed to work.

Your motherboard has the following USB connections:
  1. 1 x USB Type-C™ port with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support, available through the internal USB header
  2. 1 x USB Type-C™ port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
  3. 3 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red) on the back panel
  4. 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
Chipset+USB 2.0 Hub:
  1. 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)

I would recommend you have a read and follow UtterDisbelief's guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/
I don't really know about USBMap.kext is trying to inject 16 USB2 ports and 10 USB3 ports. I mapped it using USBMap.command tool, so it's more like an automated process for mapping. The reason why there is '#' is because
I didn't choose the port type. I also notice that I forgot to disable the ports that I don't use. So, I mapped the new one. Is this correct? Thanks

Attachments

• USBMap.kext.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
USBMap lets you discover the ports and create a kext or SSDT. You are still responsible for setting the port type (USB2, USB2 from USB3, USB3 type A, USB 3 type C with switch, USB 3 type C without switch, fixed internal device, etc.) and for enforcing OS X limit of 15 personalities per controller because the tool cannot sense what your hardware physically looks like or decide which ports are most useful to you.

There two annotated images might help you when discovering your USB ports.

Z390 AORUS MASTER  Motherboard USB ports.png Z390 AORUS MASTER motherboard USB ports

Z390 AORUS MASTER back-plate.png Z390 AORUS MASTER Back plate USB ports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back