Contribute
Register

USB - New Raise Port Limit Patch for macOS 10.12 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is low speed on usb 3.0.

Did you plug in a USB3 device? Did you verify it was connecting to an SS port (in ioreg)?

This has sorted my lack of USB 3 ports showing on Gigabyte board. Only slight issue is ejectin drives/usb sticks usually leads to a crash/freeze.

Anyway. Thanks!

Working!

Thanks! :clap::clap::clap:

There is a new raise port limit patch for use with Rehabman's USBInjectAll.kext for macOS 10.12 Sierra. Apply it in Clover config.plist under as follows under KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch

Comment change 15 port limit to 20 in XHCI kext (9-series) 10.12
Find 83BD74FF FFFF10
Name AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Replace 83BD74FF FFFF16

Comment change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-series) 10.12
Find 83BD74FF FFFF10
Name AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Replace 83BD74FF FFFF1B

Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>change 15 port limit to 20 in XHCI kext (9-series) 10.12</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>g710////EA==</data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>g710////FQ==</data>
            </dict>
Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-series) 10.12</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>g710////EA==</data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>g710////Gw==</data>
            </dict>

Credit:
Rehabman

Download USBInjectAll:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/blob/master/config_patches.plist

Worked for me! Thanks a lot.

This fixed the front ports on my machine, but my back ports are all still garbage after upgrading to Sierra.
That being said, I'm happy to have USB 3.0 capabilities back on my computer! Thanks!!!

Dear Dedeendium, i have almost the same pc configuration with you and i am encounter some usb 3 issues with sierra, can you please upload your config.plist file, your efi folder, and motherboard settings. Or pm via my account contact info. Thanks!! in advance.

Just a question:

In the sierra multibeast 9.0.1 there is under USB section:

Increase Max Port Limit
Enables USB 2.0 and 3.0 support on 9/100 Series motherboards. Adds Raise Port Limit Patch to Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and installs USBInjectAll.kext to /Library/Extensions.

If i install this via multibeast, do i have also to use the Rehab instructions or these thing are the same things?

Just a question:

In the sierra multibeast 9.0.1 there is under USB section:

Increase Max Port Limit
Enables USB 2.0 and 3.0 support on 9/100 Series motherboards. Adds Raise Port Limit Patch to Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and installs USBInjectAll.kext to /Library/Extensions.

If i install this via multibeast, do i have also to use the Rehab instructions or these thing are the same things?

The port limit patch is only for short term use (port discovery).
You should use it to determine all the ports you need, then create a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext that injects only the ports you need, and stays under the 15-port limit.

The port limit patch is only for short term use (port discovery).
You should use it to determine all the ports you need, then create a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext that injects only the ports you need, and stays under the 15-port limit.

Oh well, this is why after install it Clover was "scanning for device"..but I don't understand how to create custom ssdt for this purpose..do u have a simple guide to follow your instruction?
i'm not newbie but everytime i heard about ssdt don't understand ..and for sure it's also because i'm italian so i miss some points

Oh well, this is why after install it Clover was "scanning for device"..but I don't understand how to create custom ssdt for this purpose..do u have a simple guide to follow your instruction?
i'm not newbie but everytime i heard about ssdt don't understand ..and for sure it's also because i'm italian so i miss some points

See the Skylake Starter Guide for clues.
Also, this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back