Contribute
Register

USB Install issues - OpenCore - Monterey - CoffeeLake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Well, I'm pleased to say that I was successful in getting Monterey loaded. The installer crashed a few times however, everything areas to have installed correctly.

I'm left with a new problem. I run an external USB DAC for my audio. On every build I've made it works fine but for some reason it's not showing up under Outputs. Any ideas why that might be?

Audio works fine via the monitor speakers being supplied via DP and my RX570. All the USB ports appear to be working fine also with other devices.

Attachments

• Publish - EFI.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 247
  • Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 11.17.50.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 11.17.50.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 54
Thanks, I've completed the USB port config but I'm still left with the same problem. The DAC is not showing up under USB devices where it did under Catalina.

Attachments

• Config.plist
    18.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 20.36.17 pm.png
    21.4 MB · Views: 33
  • USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 34
Which DAC are you using?

Which USB port do you normally connect it through?

do not use the usbports.kext with SSDT-USBX.aml. choose one or the other. i use usbinjectall.kext with SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml you get generated from hackintool. alternatively you can use USBinjectAll.kext with boot parameters to exclude non existing ports

in hackintool in the USB section click on the i icon

1639121838815.png

you will see the exact steps to do.HSxx ports on USB3.0 connectors shall be assigned USB3 connector
do you have realtek or intel NIC? you have both kexts there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back