Contribute
Register

USB Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan,
Is there a motherboard that has only Intel USB 3.0 controllers and built-in wifi and bluetooth that would work well as a Hackintosh that you know of? I would definitely consider purchasing one to avoid having to go through all this and ensure all my USB ports work. Thanks.

RehabMan,
Is there a motherboard that has only Intel USB 3.0 controllers and built-in wifi and bluetooth that would work well as a Hackintosh that you know of? I would definitely consider purchasing one to avoid having to go through all this and ensure all my USB ports work. Thanks.

Even Intel USB requires work. Most motherboards have workable Intel USB2/USB3.

See Buyer's Guide.

No, tried for a while and read a lot; i can't make t work. My VIA VL800 ports on my Gigabyte GA-77X-UP4 TH board are not seen in El Capitan. They work fine on Mavericks. The other Intel USB3 ports work fine.

I tried the kext's like mentioned in the (2nd) start post; no go.
Although i said it should not be necessary for my system i tried to edit the config.plist in the EFI folder like mentioned in the second post (although i am not 100% sure i did that correctly). My system def is MacPro 3.1. As MacPro 4.1 it doesn't boot at all and MP3.1 has always been the best setting.

It's been a while i have been actively Hackintoshing since i was happy with Mavericks. So i am a bit out of the current routines. I hope some of you can help me here.

Gigabyte GA-77X-UP4 TH
Clover 3320
config plist: View attachment 166738
OSX 10.11.2

Any other information do you need?
Did i miss a post?

This is funny, or interesting.
I put GenericUSBXHCI.kext in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other just for a try.
Now an USB stick mounts on my VIA VL800 USB port, but a USB2 flatbed scanner doesn't and neither does a Lacie Rugged USB3 drive.

USB Nightmares

We're trying to get that feature into a future release of MultiBeast -- but as you've seen, there are so many techniques and boards that it may prove to be challenging.

That said, try this (for any 7/8/9-series boards -- not 5x or 6x or Skylake):
  1. Remove any USB fixes you've already tried
  2. Install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext from the latest distribution here. Put them in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/... on your USB or system boot drive. If you're using the numbered directories (as UniBeast does), make sure to put them in both 10.10/ and 10.11/ ! (Or if you've previously removed numbered directories, put them in Other/ with any other kexts.) Reboot and...
  3. Profit!
  4. Oh, um, if that doesn't work, please report back. Our expectation is that you should only need additional fixes if using one of these SMBIOS system definitions: MacBookPro8,1 MacBookPro9,1 iMac13,1 iMac13,2 iMac13,3 MacPro6,1
(...)

Hi, I reported the issues I meet with my Asus Z97-a here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/179577-issues-asus-z97-el-capitan-10-11-1-clover.html

I tried to follow this post by adding FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext (current versions) into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 and EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 on my system drive. After reboot I don't see any difference. Probably this is because "installing" these kext doesn't simply means to copy them in the appropriate folder...

I misread the recommendations and assumed that the SysDef might need to be changed to one of the aforementioned ones (which is exactly the opposite of what the quoted post says).

So then I (stupidly) tried changing SysDef to MacPro6,1 -> system hangs before login screen (black screen displayed)
I reverted to MacPro3,1 and made sure everything was OK.
Then I wanted to change to iMac13,3 -> no such thing in Multibeast 8.0.1
Then I tried changing to iMac13,2 -> after reboot USB ports on the back still don't like USB3 devices and now external HDDs are seen as internal HDDs...

Clearly I don't know what I am doing and I don't know if it is worth for me to try every possible SysDef NOT mentioned in this post (#2 in this tread)

Any recommendation?

Best,
-a-

PS this post on a different tread:

mentions installing the kexts in a different folder on the OSX partition (not the EFI partition) though...

PPS:
OK, OK...

Where do I install this kext-- s/l/e?
Or /L/E. Or EFI/Clover/kexts. It will work from all locations.

PPPS: it seems to me like the "Fix USB in El Capitan" information is all over the place...

Last edited:
We're trying to get that feature into a future release of MultiBeast -- but as you've seen, there are so many techniques and boards that it may prove to be challenging.
(...)
[*]Install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext from the latest distribution here. Put them in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/... on your USB or system boot drive. If you're using the numbered directories (as UniBeast does), make sure to put them in both 10.10/ and 10.11/ ! (Or if you've previously removed numbered directories, put them in Other/ with any other kexts.) Reboot and...
[*]Profit!
(...)

What does "install" mean? Should I just copy the files or use some kind of program to "install" them?

Tx
-a-

Hi! i want to start of with saying im not good at all with computers, ok so now to the problem!

I tried to insert my usb-harddriver (WD-Passport 1t and 500gb) i can find it some random times like 4/10 times and then they disappears, when i logg on to the computer next day.

I also tried to do what was said in this thread but my computer wont still read the harddrive.

Can someone please help me because i've got alot of stuff in those harddrive.

Best Regards
Kevin.

Hi! i want to start of with saying im not good at all with computers, ok so now to the problem!

I tried to insert my usb-harddriver (WD-Passport 1t and 500gb) i can find it some random times like 4/10 times and then they disappears, when i logg on to the computer next day.

I also tried to do what was said in this thread but my computer wont still read the harddrive.

Can someone please help me because i've got alot of stuff in those harddrive.

Best Regards
Kevin.

Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Hi i followed the 1st part on my laptop asus vivobook s550cb.
I am on El Capitan 10.11.2 SMBIOS Macbook Air 5.2
Prior to this USB3 was working fine and 1 of the USB2 port was working.
After copying the kexts USB3 started working as USB2 and only 1 USB2 worked, so i deleted the kexts and the USB3 is working fine.
Is there an easy fix to make my 2nd USB2 to work?
Thanks.
:)

Last edited:
Hi i followed the 1st part on my laptop asus vivobook s550cb.
I am on El Capitan 10.11.2 SMBIOS Macbook Air 5.2
Prior to this USB3 was working fine and 1 of the USB2 port was working.
After copying the kexts USB3 started working as USB2 and only 1 USB2 worked, so i deleted the kexts and the USB3 is working fine.
Is there an easy fix to make my 2nd USB2 to work?
Thanks.
:)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back