Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> USB Audio Dropouts (coreaudiod Audio IO Overload)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Nvidia support was dropped from MacOS Monterey during the Beta testing. You have to apply a few hack's to get the old Big Sur Nvidia drivers/kexts/frameworks etc. working in Monterey, including running your system with SIP disabled.

What is not working with regards your GT 710 card? A specific port (HDMI or DVI) or is the whole card not showing up?

I am running a few Hackintosh systems with Nvidia cards, GT 710, GTX 690, GTX 770, 2 with Quadro K600's and a Quadro K4200. I don't have any issues in any of these systems using the native Apple Nvidia drivers/kexts.

I've just had another look at your EFI folder and specifically your config.plist.

The iMac 20,1 SMBIOS you are using expects the IGPU to be present and run with a Headless/Empty Framebuffer, i.e. not be driving the display but have a discrete GPU drive the display alongside the IGPU.

You should really be using the SMBIOS for an iMacPro1,1, a MacPro6,1 or a MacPro7,1. I would recommend you make that change, use the MacPro6,1 SMBIOS as it is the least complicated and least likely to cause you issues.

I tried again changing my video card for my old GT 710 and same result.. black screen when I should have a login window. You told me that you used on some Hackintosh GT 710, did you use any special boot-arg?

It works with WhateverGreen.kext in my /OC/Kexts folder. No other graphics kext, patches or settings are required for it to work in macOS up to and including Big Sur.

It works with WhateverGreen.kext in my /OC/Kexts folder. No other graphics kext, patches or settings are required for it to work in macOS up to and including Big Sur.

Yes I was reading It should work OOB but not in my case and you saw my OC folder so I have the correct kext's.

With SMBIOS MacPro6,1 works a little better, the audio drop outs are less now.
I am not sure how it's related with the video card but I am almost sure the problem comes from there because If i am listening music thru USB headphone without using any application that needs a lot of video card processing i don't have any drop out.. the moment the video card begins to work harder I got some and using heavier application like a secondlife viewer (lot of rendering all the time) the problem is worse.

After doing some more testings I found my motherboard has EHCI controller but non of the USB ports attach to it, it's like a Hub only.. I am attaching some pictures.. I tried to disable using some SSDT to see if that cause any problem but I couldn't.

Attachments

• hackintool.png
    hackintool.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 60
  • AppleUSBEHCI-1.png
    AppleUSBEHCI-1.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 52
  • AppleUSBEHCI-2.png
    AppleUSBEHCI-2.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 18.02.17.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 18.02.17.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 48
Post a copy of your IOReg, not screen shots from the file. You may not be looking in the correct section.

Those two images show the information at the base of the file. Usually the XHCI and other USB Controller details are near the middle of the file.

It would also help us understand what is happening with your Nvidia GT 710 (or GTX 760), whichever you have connected.

Post a copy of your IOReg, not screen shots from the file. You may not be looking in the correct section.

Those two images show the information at the base of the file. Usually the XHCI and other USB Controller details are near the middle of the file.

It would also help us understand what is happening with your Nvidia GT 710 (or GTX 760), whichever you have connected.

I couldn't use GT 710 so all the test are using GTX 760.

Attachments

• MacPro6-1.ioreg
    9.7 MB · Views: 63
I'm unable to open and read the IOReg. This message appears when I try to open it.

Screenshot 2022-01-09 at 23.53.00.png

When you selected 'Save copy of IOReg as...' why did you add the .ioreg part to the file?

When I save a copy of mine it doesn't have the .ioreg tag at the end.

Can you download and use the version of IORegistryExplorer attached in this guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-make-a-copy-of-ioreg.58368/

I'm unable to open and read the IOReg. This message appears when I try to open it.

View attachment 538910

When you selected 'Save copy of IOReg as...' why did you add the .ioreg part to the file?

Can you download and use the version of IORegistryExplorer attached in this guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-make-a-copy-of-ioreg.58368/

Yes I was using version 3.0.2.. Now I installed the one from that link.. attaching my IOReg again.

Attachments

• MacPro6-1.ioreg
    4.3 MB · Views: 45

View attachment 538910

I solved the problem changing the motherboard for a B460M PRO VDH. I don't know if the problem was caused by the H510 chipset, the USB controller or the motherboard has a problem. In the new motherboard my videocard is recognized at pci 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back