Contribute
Register

USB accessories disabled error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't ask me where that came from, I must be going crazy. lol

I turned off verbose, I was booting off the correct one. Still no go.

As my initial post said I had this problem starting a ocuple weeks ago on another board, and not on this one, with all the same hardware except for the motherboard. Now, I don't know if it can have anything to do with it but I keep my user folder on a hard drive, not the SSD. I did move it over without change, and pointed my new copy of OSX to it.
No more ideas.

I've had a hackintosh running at the front of my shop for over a year and use it hours on end a day. Have had no problems (except a Safari issue but no biggie there)....I have always used a USB 3.0 hub plugged into the rear to charge my phone, and customers phones when needed, and use flash drives. All that at the same time with no issue. All of a sudden I started getting the "USB Accessories Diasabled" error and nothing besides a mouse/keyboard dongle would work in any USB port, front, back, or hub. I have no idea what changed to cause this.

I didn't worry about it as I was about to switch the case and mobo out for another. That's what I did, on a fresh copy of OSX on another SSD. Same issue with that hackintosh now.

Please advise on what I can do as I can't transfer off my phone, charge it, use flash drives, etc.

I've attached my clover folder in case it helps.

THANKS!

Attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com.

Thanks for the response, I just not noticed it. Things have changed since I didn't think I had gotten a response.

I reloaded completely yesterday to try and fix it. I didn't install USB for 9 series motherboards or Increase Port Limit, incase they might have been an issue. Initially everything was perfect, ran my external drive fine, charged my phone like normal, etc.

I come in this morning and plug my phone in, same thing. Couple unplugs and plug back ins and it's working. So it seems to be intermediate. I'm attaching the new ioreg for you to check out.

If it's the issue you noticed in the other one please let me know how to go about fixing it, as I'm not familiar with it.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Elite’s iMac.ioreg
    4.9 MB · Views: 81
Thanks for the response, I just not noticed it. Things have changed since I didn't think I had gotten a response.

I reloaded completely yesterday to try and fix it. I didn't install USB for 9 series motherboards or Increase Port Limit, incase they might have been an issue. Initially everything was perfect, ran my external drive fine, charged my phone like normal, etc.

I come in this morning and plug my phone in, same thing. Couple unplugs and plug back ins and it's working. So it seems to be intermediate. I'm attaching the new ioreg for you to check out.

If it's the issue you noticed in the other one please let me know how to go about fixing it, as I'm not familiar with it.

Thanks.

Did not follow what i said. USB is still coming under EHC1, EHC2. Should be EH01, EH02. Add to ACPI, DSDT, Patches,

Code:
change EHC1 to EH01
<45484331>
<45483031>

Code:
change EHC2 to EH02
<45484332>
<45483032>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back